Detaling engine bay whie engine is out.

sizemoremk

Hey guys, just wanting to see what advice ya'll have for pretty'n up the engine bay when I remove my motor?

Particularly the area where the airbox goes, the overflow tank spilled over at some point and it is stained white, and I can't get it off.

I figure the best thing would be to repaint, but is there a spray paint I can use that woun't come off, and matches up top the stock black pretty good?

Just want some general pointers...

I searched, and didn't come up with much...

sizemoremk said:
Hey guys, just wanting to see what advice ya'll have for pretty'n up the engine bay when I remove my motor?

Particularly the area where the airbox goes, the overflow tank spilled over at some point and it is stained white, and I can't get it off.

I figure the best thing would be to repaint, but is there a spray paint I can use that woun't come off, and matches up top the stock black pretty good?

Black Grill paint :jester:

Here are a few pics of what I did on the 90 XR7 I just finished.

I can't really help you with a specific rattlecan to use though.

-Rod

Attachments

• show%20eng%20compartment%202.jpg
    show%20eng%20compartment%202.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 118
  • showenginecompartment3.jpg
    showenginecompartment3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 122
  • showcar engine.JPG
    showcar engine.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 127
sizemoremk said:

Great question man. I should be pulling the engine out of my 89 in the next few days and I was wondering the same thing. Its goign to be tricky specially since I wont be removing the rest of the wiring harnesses, accesories to give the whole engine bay a nice coat of .....something. Im not sure if I want to start painting over harnesses and stuff. I also have a few spots where there's some surface rust so Ill have a chance to sand down, put some rust protectant and a coat of paint. Im eager to hear soem opinions as well

Back