Problem with 94 SC

94T-Brid SC

Hey I have a 94 SC and something is wrong with that I may think is the timing. The only mods it has is a ported supercharger and exaust. When you start the car it instantly stall unless you give it a lot of gas, as soon as you let of the gas it stalls instantly but if you keep it running for awhile the car doesn't stall as fast. Anyone have any ideas? The cam sensor was changed, the iac was changed, the tps sensor was changed. I don't know what else it could be. Thanks for the help

brake cleaner. check what you have taken apart last. like if you have taken the intercooler off check all of the arms. i recently had a problem with the seal of the intercooler.

it wont bubble it will raise the rpm if you hit a leek with brake cleaner.

How am I supposed to spray brake cleaner on it though... the rpms are already going up and down crazily and it won't stay started. There is something seriously wrong with the car. I couldn't imagine a seal on the intercooler or pipe causing the rpms to raise and lower so much

you would be suprised.

you should have someone hold the rpm's constant while you spray.

is there something you had apart lately?

Yes I had the whole supercharger off because it had a crack in the caseand the bearings were bad... so I bought a MPII supercharger but this problem was occuring before I had the charger off. I figured the bearings and the crack in the case was just limiting airflow to the engine. But that wasn't it. So the iac and tps sensor was changed and it wasn't them either

I did a little work on my 94 SC trying to diagnose some problems.
I found two leaks, one was on the small vacuum line that goes to the gauge in the dash. The other was the line that goes to the evap canister getting worn through.
Once I fixed both of those, the engine ran much smoother. Didnt get rid of the knock tho. There are alot of vacuum lines on these engines - look at the diagram on the radiator support and check them all.
- Dan

Back