whats this hose?

trife86

well i know coolant runs through it, mine leaks, is this a standard heater hose i can replace it with or do i have to buy that specific hose?

Attachments

• hose.JPG
    hose.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 144
If I'm not mistake, that goes to the heater core. I replaced mine with one that didn't have the metal clamps built in. Then I used regular hose clamps.

Last edited:
I think it is the coolant line that runs through the throttle body. I just blocked mine off and took out that line.

It runs from the metal water line on either side of the block into the throttle body. There is also a metal line behind the block. What I did was pull off the blower, remove the whole line from the back of the block. Then I took some heater hose and ran it from one side of the engine to the other. I left the lines on the throttle body open, but I figure it can't hurt since now there isn't hot coolant floating through the throttle body. My 92 didn't have this.

I just bypassed it completely. LT-1 guys have a similar setup and they bypass it by connecting the source together with heater hose and thats where I got the idea.

Back