not sure of the sensor name

ZeroRain

like it says. its the sensor where the distib would be? i think its the cam but not sure. also how would i go about setting that the right way because mine is missing the screw so i cant get it to fire

ZeroRain said:
like it says. its the sensor where the distib would be? i think its the cam but not sure. also how would i go about setting that the right way because mine is missing the screw so i cant get it to fire

There is a tool out there for setting the sychronizer and cam sensor. Spinningwheels-SC's ebay store had a couple I think. From what I recall, putting that in 180 degrees off isn't too hard to do so you may need to get one :)

quick35th said:
Yes, thats the cam sensor.

Shane

It would make sense, if it's not bolted down, that you'd have spark issues. It acts about like a distributor, telling the coil pack when to fire. I know the few times I've had to set a distributor, when it's off even by maybe 10-15 degrees, I got half ~~~ spark.

well i was able to get a bolt for it at the yard and i took it to tdc after the first cylinder fire but i was only able to guess what 26 degrees after was since i couldnt see it. cranked it to find out that its trying to start now but still nothing

Wet?

getting water in these things is bad, mm-kay? mine got wet when it wasn't tight and it went out. replaced mine from my "donated, totalled" 35th and made sure it was seated properly and have had no more problems with it in about two years. not familiar with a check on these, but you may want to test it. you should be able to do a search on here and find out how...let us know how it goes. if you do end up needing one, www.advanceautoparts.com has them for $36.96 (part # EL363).

well when they go out the upshift light is on when cranking and im not getting that. i was told by a co worker to try and crank it w/o the sc belt and see if it fires. i wasnt able to get to fire but will try tomorrow

If the engine is turning over when you go to start then don't bother taking the belt of the SC cause thats not going to make any difference.

You need to set the cam sensor up right, and there is a tool to do it. There is also a how-to posted by someone to do it without using the alignment tool some where on this site.

Frit

i have the tool and the only thing i couldnt do is get it to 26 after TDC i cant really see TDC more or less 26

Back