Anyone else have insomnia?????

90XR7Cougar5spd

I have had a serious case of insomnia for the past couple of months, as you can see the time here is 3:30 am and im wide awake, ill probly go to bed in about an hour, then i wake up at 2 or 3 in the afternoon, dosent give me much time to do much of anything. Kinda hard to work on the car at night. I have been late for work a few times because of it. Anyone have the same problem ive got? I kinda seem to think its me new medicine the doctor put me on, its for high cholesteral, my triglycerides was 705, normal is 150, but all my other cholesteral was good, kinda fed up. But everysince i got on this med, i cant sleep at night at all. Anyone got any ideas?????????

Derek

See if you can find John&Jeff on your radio. A few minutes of them and you'll drift right off to sleep. www.johnjeff.com if they aren't on a station near you, listen online.

Last edited:
I typically stay-up to 4-5am for no good reason.

Sometimes I'm not tired, sometimes I am, but I just want to stay-up that late for some reason.

I'll second the Ambien. It works great and can be taken up to 10 days in a row but 3 is about all I've ever needed. If I wake up in the middle of the night and have 4 more hours to go I take a 1/2 and I don't lay there for 2 hours tossing and turning and feel fine in the AM. Just ask your Doc. It's perfect for trans-Atlantic flights, no more european jet lag.

the-big-e said:
Ambien.....

I'll third that. Make sure you do go to bed right after taking it, if you don't You might end up with a killer headache. That happens to me anyway.

Every once and a while I get bouts of insomnia but after about 2 days of taking it I uually don't have any problems till the next time. Also working out usually helps too.

Jeff

Legality

NCredSC said:
The possible side effects really sound like a lot of fun.
They just put all those side effects on there so that if you're the one person in 100 Billion who has the side effect, you can't sue them. Look at the side effects warnings on ALL the drugs. They're almost all the same. It's the fault of "sue happy america"

Course I am "livng on the edge" with my "Side Effects Be DAMNED" attitude!!!!! I also don't need to drink expensive bottled water with a faux french name. Regular well water (from my own well) is just fine, thank you!!!!!

68COUGAR

Last edited:
Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Puckett said:
Duh! It's a sleeping pill.
"Your Honor, I'm sueing the maker of ambien because their sleeping pill made me sleepy"

I can really see that happening. That would be good candidate for a "Stella Award" As some of you know, Stella was that I-D-I-O-T woman from california who spilled hot McDonalds coffee on herself when she tried to drive with the coffee between her legs. With any luck, she'll never be able to reproduce!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.stellaawards.com/

68COUGAR

Yeah, I suffer from Insomnia and have been taking Ambien for years. It does have some side effects for me. I have horrible (and I mean horrible) nightmares. Also, makes me crabby sometimes the next day. I don't take it 3 days in a row. I heard it's really addictive so I try to only take it when it's absolutely necessary. So sometimes I just deal with the sleepless nights.

I have troulble sleeping all the time...not cause I'm not tired but cause my frappin back is always killing me. I used to laugh at old men who complained about thier backaches...I guess this is my pentance.. :( ...I wish I only had insomnia...course now I do have some killer drugs...Demoral, Darvon, Vicodin ES, Oxycontin, and Darvocet....those can make you sleep for sure :p ....but your liver will really hate you... :rolleyes:

My wife had trouble sleeping and the Doctor gave her Lunesta....I was staying off my pain meds for a few days due to a tylenol OD once so she gave me one to help me sleep...MAN! ...you better be lying in bed when you take it cause it hits fast and hard....but it leaves a terrible taste in your mouth about 10 mins after you take it and lasts for days...BLEEEEECHHHH!!!! :eek:

Last edited:
Is that really insomnia???

You're still getting enough sleep?

I always stay up late because of THIS damn website, I used to be up too late because of the TV, or Xbox (Tiger Woods golf is addictive!)

Now I can't go to bed thinking there are posts I haven't read :eek:

Maybe I can sue SCCOA.com for keeping me up all night and making me late for work :D

Well, i can stay up all night, and go to work the next day, am ill be tired as hell, then when i go to lay down to sleep, im wide awake, and still cannot got to sleep until really late, i dunno, its pretty efed up though, kinda tired of it

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
Well, i can stay up all night, and go to work the next day, am ill be tired as hell, then when i go to lay down to sleep, im wide awake, and still cannot got to sleep until really late, i dunno, its pretty efed up though, kinda tired of it

You tried TV or radio?

Do you sit there thinking about specific or even random stuff and can't get your mind to rest, or what?

Every once in a blue moon, I will have my mind on something, and can't stop thinking aout it, thus can't get to sleep. But 99% of the time I'm out within 2 minutes. I sleep hard as a rock too! I have 4 alarms to wake my behind up!

When I was in the Corps, I had to have my buddies come in and wake me up with multiple alarms blairing! I'd hate it if someone broke into the house, I wouldn't wake up! That would really suck because I wouldn't get to shoot them :( lets hope the wife can get me up quick enough to rack the charging handle in time :D

I can relate, look at the time of this post, 1:45 am. I leave for work at 3:50 am, yes that is correct 2 hours and 5 min from now. Sad part is I drive 1 hr each way to work and have worked from 5 am to 4:30 pm all week cutting pipe down from a old slick rail system were I work (in outher words busting my A$$). And still I can not sleep. Sunday night up till midnight drinking beer with my brother, Monday on here till late 1 or 2 am, Tuesday night did not get home from drag races till 12:45 am got to bed going on 2:00am, Wensday I did go to bed around 9:30 pm, tonight 1:45 am and still going? It drives my wife and kid nuts!! I don't understand how they can go to bed at 9-10:00 pm and not get up untill 9-10:00 am the next day.

welp!...a quarter past two A.M. here and I'm watching Jodi Foster in Panic Room sponsored by..you got it..Ambien..now thats ironical... :rolleyes: ...wishing to God my problem was just insomnia... :(

Back