Anybody have VMM schematic?

7birdslater

My VMM doesnt light up at all, so I took it apart. I found a trace on the side of the board that is burnt/lifted. It goes to the two large capacitors, power maybe? I will rebuild that trace, and replace the caps but was wondering if anybody had a schematic of the VMM itself. I would like to find out what components got taken out with it and what caused this trace to burn. Thanks.

7birdslater said:
My VMM doesnt light up at all, so I took it apart. I found a trace on the side of the board that is burnt/lifted. It goes to the two large capacitors, power maybe? I will rebuild that trace, and replace the caps but was wondering if anybody had a schematic of the VMM itself. I would like to find out what components got taken out with it and what caused this trace to burn. Thanks.

The only thing the EVTM I have show is the wiring to the VMM but not the VMM itself.

Does it show which pin, or pins are power? and what signals go into which pins? I can trace some of the rest if I know where the power goes in. Thanks for the reply!

7birdslater said:
Does it show which pin, or pins are power? and what signals go into which pins? I can trace some of the rest if I know where the power goes in. Thanks for the reply!

We have:
(if look at the plug with the clip to the top, 1-10 is the top row starting from the right, 11-20 is the bottom row)

Pin 1 and 2 (purple/orange wires) are both 12v+ on when the key is in run
Pin 3 (Yellow/Black wire) is to the washer fluid sensor
Pin 4 (Light Blue wire)is to the coolant level sensor
Pin 5 (Light Blue/Red) comes from the dash lighting circuit
Pins 6-8 (all Black) are grounds, though it says 6 is for electronic clusters only
Pin 9 is blank
Pin 10 (Dark Green/Yellow) is a tach input
Pin 11 (Light Green/Purple) is a constant 12v+ from the memory circuit
Pins 12 and 13 are blank
Pin 14 (White/Pink) is oil temp sensor
Pin 15 (Yellow/Black) is to the fuel sender
Pin 16 (Dark Green/White) is oil temp input
Pin 17 is blank
Pin 18 (Black) is a ground
Pin 19 is blank
Pin 20 (White/Light Blue) is oil temp return

That is from the 89 evtm, if you have a 92+ the colors may have changed (I know the tach wire did from putting a sport cluster from a 93 in my 91 base).

Hope that helps.

If it turns out you need another VMM, I've got a few that are good....

Send me a PM if you are interested......

Back