gutting out cats?

tonyfarnsworth

im putting the SCP High Flow Cat-Back Exhaust System but i would like to gut my cats. small problem? i heard if you gut your cats your check engine light comes on and your o2 sensors get screwed up? is this true? are there o2 simulators for my car? can i clean my cats? i dont want to get high flow becuase i dont have the money what do i do?

me too

I wanted to do the same thing. I was told that gutting them isn't that great because the air still moves around inside the cat body. You should get new downtubes without cats. I guess it makes it sound better. I dont think the check engine light will go on...because i though the O2 sensors are before the cats...so it shouldn't matter. Anyone care to add anything....better sound? performance?

I recently saw a post dealing with moving one of the o2 sensors up on the manifold in relation to gutting the cats. Unfortunatley, that is all I remember from it. Perhaps a search will return more information

no prob

if u gut your cats the check engine light will not come on if you are going to gut them i would just make new down tubes with out cats

i understand you should put downtube but im broke and i figured i should gut them rather than leave them. is it better in my no money situation to gutt them rather than leave them?

well

since it is illegal to gut your cats many muffler shop charge a lot to do it i got new down tubes made 2 1/4 with no cat and O2 sensor fitting for $50 the other guy where chargering $60 and up just to gut them. So its up to u

Back