Cam synchronizer 180* out?

Callmewhitexr7

What would happen if you install the cam synchronizer with the engine at 26 degrees atdc on the intake stroke instead of the compression stroke? Cause I'm not sure if I installed mine on compression or intake..

NICK

It will run, but it will run with a miss. This being said, I only know from messin this up on NA vehicles. None were forced air.

Chris

Actually, if the sensor is 180 out the car will not start and it will act like it is horribly out of time. If it starts and idles right away, you're good.

Of course you can always do it right, pull #1 plug and listed for the "whoosh".

Callmewhitexr7 said:
ok so it could only be 180 off and if it starts then that means its not off?

NICK
Unplug it... really. It will take multiple tries to start, but the EEC will compensate and if it runs better, then you know where the problem is. :cool:

He would be the one to know. Like I said, mine were all on natrual aspirated vehicles. Ford had a recall on the front cover gaskets so I did a BUNCH of them. Every once in a while I would get one that I would put back 180* out. The bad part was it was usually on a pickup and I would have to take that egr tube back off.

Chris

ok well i unplugged it and it never started. tried multiple times and it didnt start.
So if i set the synchronizer like it should be but only on the intake stroke would it still run?

NICK

Callmewhitexr7 said:
ok well i unplugged it and it never started. tried multiple times and it didnt start.
So if i set the synchronizer like it should be but only on the intake stroke would it still run?

NICK
Key off between tries? If you made at least 6 tries and it didn't start, there is a problem elsewhere. Might want to pull codes at this point...

Any chance that you did work recently involving the intercooler tubes or any vaccuum lines? :confused:

Back