Simple Problem. i think.

Renob

I've got an 89sc, i was driving around the other day and my boost gague and my fuel gague both stopped working. (boost gague is frozen at like 2psi, but i'm still definalty getting boost and fuel is constantly empty) Mainly i was wondering if that is just a fuse, and if so if any of you know which one it is. I don't have a fuse map anymore. don't know where it went. I live in vegas and i'd like to spend as little time as i can up under the dash getting at the fuses, cause its fricking hot outside.

If you think its something else, let me know. I can't think of anything other than a blown fuse though.

Thanks(?)

Brad

Kinda sounds like a fuse, but it could also be a bad ground in the instrument panel. Usually all of the gauges are on the same fuse.
Unfortunately, I don't have the fuse layout handy either, so as far as which one it is, I can't help you there.
The only other senerio that I can think of is if the tracerboard behind the dash has deteriorated and has a break in a trace somewhere. This is a last resort kinda thing though, this isn't very common, but you could also check the rear of the instrument panel and make sure that the plugs that go into the panel have a good connection.

Good luck,
Jimmy

Back