water temp questions

takotruckin

first of all, where do i mount my water temp sender for an aftermarket gauge?
next, what does the sender that is in the heater hose do? i am rerouting my heater hose directly to the oil cooler, so its not hooked up now, is it just for the stock gauge? thanks for any help.

If you dont mind loosing the stock temp gauge, the mount the sending unit for the new gauge in the same location as the stock sending unit. If you look at your thermostat housing, the temp gauge sending unit mounts into it.

well, the motor is in a vw. so it doesnt really matter if the stock gauge works, its non existent... you happen to know what size the stock one is?

takotruckin said:
well, the motor is in a vw. so it doesnt really matter if the stock gauge works, its non existent... you happen to know what size the stock one is?
No, I sure dont.

Here is where the stock sending unit mounts. It serves no function other than sending signal to the guage. There is another temp sensor on the passenger side of the engine, that one sends signal to the eec.

Attachments

• PICT0292.JPG
    PICT0292.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 93
ok, thats where i mounted my sender. now how about the one on the pass side? whats going to happen with that unhooked, since i am rerouting the hose?

Back