PDA

View Full Version : Is 10k way too much to ask for two built SCs?

Mike Manzo
08-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Im not going through the list of parts again, but I am about to rip the two of them apart, but still want to see if SOMEONE wants these things as-is for 10k including a boatload of parts.

1993 has CMRE Stage 1 Heads/Cam and Stage 2 pistons/rods and all the bolt ons, injectors, underdrive pulleys and overdrive jackshaft @ 10%. SCP Mid-Length headers, SCP downtubes, SCP cats, Magnaflow stainless res out to Flowmaster 40s. (eh...I like flows better, but it sounds mean)

ArtCarr AOD with electronic lockout and 2500 stall. Complete Eibach/Addco/Tokico suspension, stock rims/Pirelli tires and Cobra R 17X9 with Pirelli to match. Exterior needs some lovin. Roof is faded from sun, hood has chips and passenger door has crease...Other than that its rather nice (suprises me, even). I have 35th Anniversary door panels waiting and new headlight housings in UNOPENED BOXES. Separate O2 sensors for the dual air/fuel meters on the dash with a boost guage in the center of an autometer bracket. A-pillar Oil press and Water temp. All Autometer ultralite and matching NRAuto GREY faced cluster inserts. Car runs fine, just needs a tune, tune-up, engine flush (maybe from sitting for a while) and more love than I want to deal with (I have a now 450rwhp Cobra without voiding the warranty)

1994 has stock 40k ford reman'd with a wicked exhaust leak, plugged passenger cat and shattered driver's cat and does not pass emissions because of this fact. Resonator back is all magnaflow stainless dual in 2.5/single out 3" to dual 2.5 magnaflow mufflers. Has COMPLETE polished MPII system including upper intercooler tube, MP intake. 42lb flow-matched Ford Racing (Bosch) injectors, Holley (Walbro) 255lph pump. Complete Tokico suspension system with working ride control, immaculate interior (i mean like show quality with one minor crack in dash).

Kenwood eXcelon X959 head unit, Boston Pro 6.5 components, Kenwood eXcelon 5x8 rears, Kenwood eXcelon 1600w multi-channel amp powering interior and dual JL 8W3v2 in custom box and one 1200D eXcelon powering an Orion HCCA 12" in vented enclosure (imo should be sealed)...All run through an Alumapro 5 farad cap. COMPLETE CAR DYNAMAT...I mean EVERYTHING...This sure as hell is NOT A DRAGSTRIP car and weighs in at like 4300lbs. Best time was (in the condition its in now) 14.7 with a ~~~~ 60-foot and a slipping blower belt above 4800rpm and MY first time ever seeing a dragstrip on stock rims/tires and no trannywork.

ROH Snyper 17x7.5 all the way around with BFG GForce KDW and a set of stock rims (good condition too) with newer Yokahoma all season whatever they are...Dropped 1.5 with airbags in the back to raise the heavy loaded rear end (the sub box for the 12 is like 1" thick MDF with fiberglass front and weighs a million.

142,000 on the clock and DOCUMENTED reman'd install in the 90k range.
New headlight housings and TWO sets of autometer gauges still in boxes...One ultralite and then I changed my mind to lunar...Guage pod unused as well. New brass core radiator as well.

Power steering leaks from hose...whooptiedoo.

pics here: http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56442

I have boxes of gauges, 4 clusters, headerwrap/coating, countless headlight bulbs and a bunch of other crap someone can probably make a killing on Ebay....

Before I re-open this project, I may ebay both of these cars and all the parts in one big lump and see if anyone wants them, but with all u all have read and more I cant remember, does anyone think 10k is too much for BOTH cars?

Mike Manzo
08-27-2005, 02:52 PM
No one give a ~~~~ to even comment or what?

XR7 Dave
08-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Mike, you've had these cars up for sale a couple of times now and each time I cringed because I wanted to take you up on it but I haven't had the cash or room to put them.

Thing is people don't want to buy these cars right now. People seem anxious to get out of them but the truth is that the market is just plain soft right now.

The list of people trying to sell nice supercoupes is long.

Yours,
Kurt Sunday
Coy Miller with his 10 sec rolling chassis for
Gary Kun with his pro street show car (another rolling chassis)
Jim Demmit with his (sans tranny)
Sean Matteson has his for sale
Bill McNeil listed his car recently...

And that is just off the top of my head.

In each of these cases the cars represent either a gold mine of parts or just a darn nice car with tasteful mods. In some cases people have been so anxious to sell that they have offered their cars at ridiculous prices which has further depressed the market. I'm not sure whats next.

I'd offer you a deal that would get them off your hands and get you your money out of them but it would take some time. Email me if you are interested. [email protected]

XR7 Dave
08-27-2005, 03:16 PM
And no, $10K is not too much.

Mike Manzo
08-29-2005, 11:52 AM
You got mail!!!

With my shoulder the way it is from the bike accident, I dont think I can wrench on these cars at all, so I'm down for about anything...

V8Supercoupe
08-29-2005, 04:53 PM
I would have to agree with Dave.

Not that I am anyone who's opinion matters. BUT...........

I will add that I could be interested in the 93 motor. I've been there though with modding and trying to re-sell stuff to recoop some dough, so I don't know how you feel about letting just the motor go.

Keep me in mind if your figuring your gonna butcher them.

Good luck regardless.

Skip