PDA

View Full Version : Well the dyon results are in and....

SCme
08-26-2005, 06:57 PM
204 hp
280 tork

My A/F in the upper rpms is really fat, so I hope with a tune the HP should go up some, but the boost stayed around 14-14.5 for the majority of the pull, so no belt slippage. Figure 180 rwp stock and 25 hp increase is not too bad. Might have made more, but we drove up and within about 15 minutes we were doing the pull. I was more interested in what the A/F was then what it made at this time, so next time I'll get there really early and let it cool down.

First pic is the pull, next is the boost and A/F ratio numbers and last is what this dyno estimates your flywheel hp is. The owner/operater said it reads about 7-10 lower then what is really at the flywheel and the dyno in general reads lower then a mustang dyno.

Mike Puckett
08-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Yeh, that A/F is killing your power. It's in the 9's on the high end, that's super rich. It needs to be flatter and up around 12. Do you have a bigger sample tube for the MAF to lean it out? You get a chip and tune and you'll pick up some more hp. Drenching the IC with cold water helps the cooldown, too. The second pull must have the A/F up higher. Do you have a graph of it. Just goes to show how much a cool engine helps the power.

SCme
08-27-2005, 08:11 AM
He said its about what Ford would have put into the car for a safe Cali tune. I want a couple other things done to it maybe before I get a tune, but I know where part of my poor gas milage is when I drive it hard every now and again. I want to do a D I/C and if the money appers intake plenum and larger TB. We've got a good tuner here in Chattanooga that several have used with great results, and he would be here to tune via a wideband, but his never done an SC, so I'm not sure how I want to go.

I think his guess of 263+7 to 10 for the flywheel HP is a little off, but its nice to see. Sure doesn't run like a 270 hp motor, but I haven't been back to the track to find out and that will give me a little better ideal on the power it makes

Mike Puckett
08-27-2005, 08:54 AM
I always figure an 18% drivetrain loss. Yes, you should definitely add the rest of the goodies before you get a tune because you'll just have to retune it again. Mopar Weekend on the 9th-10th is the last quarter mile race of the year except for Friday nites. I'm running for a personal record that weekend if it's cool enough in the morning.

XR7 Dave
08-27-2005, 09:09 AM
204rwhp is about right for a stock or mildly modified 94 SC 5spd. It certainly doesn't have 270fwhp, its more like 240fwhp. Stock is 230fwhp and differences in temperature can cause that much variance on a stock SC.

AF ratio is about right on for the stock programming. You can see from your graph why Ford put 36# injectors in the 94/95's. It's because at a commanded 9.5:1 AF ratio even those can't keep up. See the rise in AF ratio at the end of the pull? That means you are out of injectors. Of course with a proper tune that won't be a problem because you'll be commanding an 11.8 AFR. Stock injectors will support 275rwhp with a proper tune.

SCme
08-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Yeah,

I've been around long enought to know what little I have done didn't give me 35-40 more fwph. :D

Dave, looks like I will be contacting you soon about a chip to get it up around that 11.8 ratio, I would love to wait till I get more done, but since just purchasing a new house, that may be a little while down the road.

XR7 Dave
08-27-2005, 03:38 PM
A chip will help to that end and it can be reburned easily enough. It will also help the car run cooler.

I will give you the data file too in case you have to have someone else retune it later.