P/S High Pressure Hose

mikec

I am replacing the high pressure hose on my 90 sc. Unfortunatley the hose is squeezed between the oil pan and the subframe. Can I raise the engine with a block of wood under the oil pan to get enough clearance to remove the line?
I am not in a postition to replace my failed motor mounts at this time. Can I move the new line out from under the oil pan towards the front of the car until I can change the motor mounts.

Thanks for any help.

The answer is yes to both questions. You will need to run the new hose in front of the oil filter.
I wouldn't know if there will be enough clearance between the oil pan and the subframe (even without the PS hose in between them) under acceleration or braking.

mikec said:
Thanks J.D. I will give it a try.

--Mike

You may want to check out your motor mounts if it's that tight down there. I've never had that problem with the PS line, theres usually a decent amount of room.

Very certainly you have blown motor mounts. Stockers are fluid filled and when the tear the fluid leaks out and then compress allowing the oil pan to touch the power steering line, putting a hole in the line and eventually the pan.

you can lift the engine by the oil pan with a block for a short period, don't lift it too high.

Back