Oil Around Superchager???Good/Bad???

Red Head

I got bored today and started to mess around and just check up on my Sc's engine....I notice that my supercharger top was kinda loose connected to my intercooler piping so it tighten it and notice some oil on the bottom side of the fastener....so i decided to take off the supercharger top for the first time just to take a look....now i dont know that much...but when i opened the top i noticed a small amount of oil in the supercharger......i included some pics...so if anyone can help me out and let me know if anything is wrong it would be most appreciated!!!!!Also the head gaskets were just replaced less than 3K miles ago.........
My bird is my life and i hate to see get hurt again!!!!!

DSC00554.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

It's actually normal for that to happen. The PCV system runs crankcase fumes back into the intake to burn em off, and that usually includes some oil mist. It's not uncommon for people to draim a few TBSP of oil out of the bottom of the intercooler.

Thanks Alot....I got worried there for a bit....i've only had the SC for bout 5 months now and i had to have the head gaskets replaced within 5 days of buying it....so another big engine malfuction wouldn't of been good.....Thanks again for ur quick response and help!!!!!:))

Red Head said:
Thanks Alot....I got worried there for a bit....i've only had the SC for bout 5 months now and i had to have the head gaskets replaced within 5 days of buying it....so another big engine malfuction wouldn't of been good.....Thanks again for ur quick response and help!!!!!:))

Alot of people have put an inline fuel filter on the PCV line to filter that out. I'm sure you can still find a how to for that if you search for it. I definately understand your concern there :) . Had to do headgaskets on my daliy driver a few years back and now everytime it runs a little rough or I lose a little coolant I swear I did it again :eek:

Back