PDA

View Full Version : Blower top spacer

94atlanticstang
08-27-2005, 09:22 PM
I am currently setting up for production of spacers for the price of these spacers will be around $60-$70 for 1/2" and $70-80 for 3/4" if you would like to know more information pm or email me at Jakeshimek1@hotmail.com I will know when they will be able to tell you an exact price in about a week

thank you
Jake Shimek

XxSlowpokexX
08-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Jake keep in mind its not the spacer itself that helps power production but the opened throat area of the hat when raised and enlarged

David Neibert
08-28-2005, 12:44 AM
I agree with Damon....a spacer all by it self does nothing but cause upper IC tube fitment problems.

David

94atlanticstang
08-28-2005, 11:28 PM
that is also what I am trying to figure if it will cause problems I forgot to mention that.....and I know that the opening on the top is the major gain I am also experimenting with the top too.

XxSlowpokexX
08-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Another thing is the spacer should be milled at an angle so the IC tube lines up

94atlanticstang
08-29-2005, 09:59 AM
I also had that idea but then the thought of getting the bolts to not sit at an angle crossed my mind the only way I am going to figure this out is continue to test fit I made this post as soon as I finished my first piece before test fitting BIG mistake but I will have to finish correcting it till it works. I also thought to include in the kit an extention of the intercooler tube thinking about this more into depth I thought air will have to fill up more area causing lag slightly but I will just have to wait to test fit the milled product.

94atlanticstang
09-06-2005, 01:12 PM
I have gotten mine to fit on my s/c but my starter went out so I will have to see if the top intercooler hose leaks it dont look like it will but I will have to see. I will still offer the sizes I previously proposed earlier but my direct bolt on is a little over 3/8" not sure on how much of a gain there will be also a price on this is still pending.

94atlanticstang
09-30-2005, 01:33 PM
as soon as I get my gaskets for my intercooler tube and my top I am going to test my spacer out. I will keep everyone up to date when I get it all put together and see what sort of gain I can see... so far I havent had a problem getting them to fit.......but we will see once I put them under pressure.

seawalkersee
10-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Updates? I think this is probably only for a minimal gain if any. As they stated before its the throat that is the choke point. The only gain I can think of would be some way of directing the air into the IC tube.

Chris