Timing marks

ZeroRain

well i can see the timing marks on the balancer but there is no pointer to line them up too??? what do i do?

the timing is computer controlled there is no adjustment , i was wondering how to check it with a timing lite when i suspected a bad balancer . finally i just took the bolt out of the balancer and it fell off , it indeed was broken , it revved slow and no power like it was late on timing

ZeroRain said:
well i can see the timing marks on the balancer but there is no pointer to line them up too??? what do i do?
Well there's no way to adjust timing. My timing marks are on the crank pulley and it should line up with the balancer cover that has a scale on it. This is put there to line up TDC when doing other maintenance. If you need to do this find the mark on the crank pulley and mark it with some white chalk and rotate the crank bolt with a socket and ratchet.

yea your right the cover has marks on it , i forgot since i left my cover off , i was shining the timing lite down there trying to get an idea but couldnt seem to shine it good enough to see down in there, and i wasnt sure what it would be at idle maybe 10 i was guessing or if i should remove spout plug to check it i was just trying to look to see if i could see what it was but couldnt shine the light and look at the same time i guess i should try to look now my balancer is fixed so you all can know

Last edited:
sounds like your working on the cam sensor or the part under it they have a special tool i hear but i never had mine out i would just try to mark it before i took it out , i think as long as your close the computer will adjust

yes there is a cover with marks on it but im not sure its really needed . i was trying to check mine when i thought my balancer went bad but it revved so slow it was obvious it was late on time

Zerorain
Here are a couple pics for you. There is a pointer on the block, but really hard to see. The other pic is of the plastic cover that used to be there. It is a static cover so I don't really see a purpose, except window dressing. The first pic is the old engine and the second pic is of a new engine I installed a year ago last May.

Take Care
dbd

Attachments

• PICT0117-pointer.JPG
    PICT0117-pointer.JPG
    237.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 0008-plastic cover.JPG
    0008-plastic cover.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 99
dbd said:
Zerorain
Here are a couple pics for you. There is a pointer on the block, but really hard to see. The other pic is of the plastic cover that used to be there. It is a static cover so I don't really see a purpose, except window dressing. The first pic is the old engine and the second pic is of a new engine I installed a year ago last May.

Take Care
dbd

dbd
thanks for the help i will see if i cant find that pointer tomorrow afternoon. i should find it i think lol

Back