PDA

View Full Version : 70mm Throttle Body Setup

rickbtbird
08-28-2005, 05:52 PM
OK I only want to hear from folks that have a 70MM TB and what other modification were required to get it working. Please select all that apply.

hytorksc
08-29-2005, 01:05 PM
I had the 70mm tb on my 5spd (sold recently- i should have pulled it), and the difference was in how the motor responded to the pedal. i mean, it turned my 5spd into more of a "response" machine. It did not make the car much faster, but it did make the engine much more sensitive to speed changes, ie, acceleration was a little more "urgent". i was able to spin the tires much easier- but that was about it. You would see HUGE benefits from the larger tb if all the bottleneck components were removed/replaced, in other words, a heavily modded SC. The tb doesn't do much for a stock SC. would i still put one on my current '90 SC AOD? yes.

rickbtbird
09-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Just four votes?

XR7 Dave
09-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Just looking at your mods you are no where near ready for a TB upgrade.

rickbtbird
09-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Just looking at your mods you are no where near ready for a TB upgrade.
Dave,
How do I get my car ready for the 70mm tb?

XR7 Dave
09-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Dave,
How do I get my car ready for the 70mm tb? You don't. What I meant is that you don't need a bigger TB unless you have the need for more air. You don't have the need for more air until you at least have a supercharger upgrade first.