Cuise Control/vac switch on pedal question

sizemoremk

I was doing my non-abs "upgrade" this weekend, and at some point the vaccum switch (I assume the cruise switch) on the pedal came out of its hole, and I don't know what was holding it in place???

It looks like a big plastic nut would hold it on, like an old style (electric) brake pedal switch; but I must mave somehow popped it off and it flew somwhere never to be found again...

Also, I am about to put my dash in the car again, and it looks like I won't be able to get to it if I put the dash back in... Does anyone know if this scan be reached when the dash is in the vehicle?
I'm hopping this is something I can get at a local parts store, but I need to know what I'm looking for....

This kinda puts a stop to everything :mad:

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• vac switch.JPG
    vac switch.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Well, I took a couple pics with my digi cam. They are a bit blurry, but you should be able to see what you need to. I would DEFINATELY recomend trying to get that switch in while dash is out. I had a hard time getting a picture of it as it is pretty cramped and lots of crap in the way. The switch is held in place by a metal clip that you can see in the pics.

Hope this helps ya out.

Attachments

• P1010004a.jpg
    P1010004a.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 72
  • P1010006a.jpg
    P1010006a.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 68
Thanks guy!

I that helps!!!

Iw ill go see if I cna locate such a piece!!!

I think IO may hvae seen something liek thatm but I was looking for some kind of plastic nut....

Thank alot!!!

sizemoremk said:
I was doing my non-abs "upgrade" this weekend, and at some point the vaccum switch (I assume the cruise switch) on the pedal came out of its hole, and I don't know what was holding it in place???

It looks like a big plastic nut would hold it on, like an old style (electric) brake pedal switch; but I must mave somehow popped it off and it flew somwhere never to be found again...

Also, I am about to put my dash in the car again, and it looks like I won't be able to get to it if I put the dash back in... Does anyone know if this scan be reached when the dash is in the vehicle?
I'm hopping this is something I can get at a local parts store, but I need to know what I'm looking for....

This kinda puts a stop to everything :mad:

Thanks guys!

I just went out and crawled under my dash on the 35th and the "piece" you are looking for seems to be part of the bracket. I would go to the scrap yard and go hunting for the piece. I know my cruise works and I know you can get to it with the dash in place, it is just a pain in the a$$.

Nope, it is not part of the bracket. It is a seperate metal clip that holds the switch in the bracket. And yes, you COULD get at it with the dash in place, but if the dash is out it would be best to do it now rather than wait till the dash is all back in place IF POSSIBLE. If you just can't locate that clip untill later then you may have no choice.

Ok fellas! I found the clip last night, but the weather was chitty for the hurrican down south, so no workie on SC last night!

I thought I was looking for a plastic nut or something....

Thanks!

Back