ARP Head Studs

Roadhawg

I have seen different post on this which is the best choice?

ARP-153-4001 ARP Cylinder Head Stud Kits
Cylinder Head Studs, Hex Nuts, Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe, 3.8L, Kit

ARP-233-4003 ARP Cylinder Head Stud Kits
Cylinder Head Studs, Hex Nuts, Chevy V6, 2.8L, 60 Degree, 11mm, Kit

Thanks

I used the ARP Ford set

I just installed the ARP Ford kit in my 94 SC. I got it from Bill Evanoff @ SC Performance. Real easy to do with allen head studs. I tapped each head bolt hole in the block just to clean them out. I sprayed carb cleaner in each one and then blew out with air. The only issue I had was if you screw in the shorter studs (bottom row next to the exhaust manifold) all the way in there is not enough thread on the front and back studs to fully torque the nut. I put the washer, moly lube and nut on and then, with a allen wrench, back the stud out just so it was even with the top of the nut. When I finished torquing the heads, I had a little more then one thread proturding above the nut and that is all you need.

Ed Springer

90 Black XR7 5-speed: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, '94 Supercharger, 36# injectors, 190 l/h fuel pump, 5% SC Pulley, 180° Stat, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, UD Pulleys, Headers, Magnaflow Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:27 Gears, Rear Spring Air Bags, Ripper Shifter, 73 C&L MAF (Blue Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Synthetic Lubricants.

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, Accel 36# injectors, Scorpian 1.73 Rockers, ARP Head Studs, 190 l/h fuel pump, 180° Stat, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, Headers, UD Pulleys, Raven Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:73 Gears, 76 C&L MAF (Gold Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, ProTorque 2500 TC, Tokico Struts & Shocks, Royal Purple Synthetic Lubricants, American Racing 17” Sniper Wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.

Excellent

edspringer said:
I put the washer, moly lube and nut on and then, with a allen wrench, back the stud out just so it was even with the top of the nut.
EXCELLENT idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

68COUGAR

Get the chevy 2.8!!!!!!

I just put the chevy 2.8L studs in my car. Worked beautiflly. Just thread in the studs and place the head on.

I talked to someone with the ford 3.8L set and they had to grind on the exhaust manifold. The car is going strong for over 500 miles now. I was very happy with the 2.8l Bolts (as there cheeper)..

-dan

Back