Finally back together and WOW!!!!! Thanks for the help!

edspringer

For the past year I have been chasing a very frustrating rough idle problem. After the engine failed cylinders #4 & #5 of the "cylinder balance test" with my ACTRON code reader, I finally did a compression check. That yielded #1-90Lbs, #2-140Lbs, #3-150Lbs, #4-0Lbs, #5-20Lbs and #6-40Lbs. My motor was running on 2.5 cylinders and I don't know how it even statred much less ran. I took the heads off suspecting it was HGs and found the HGs were fine. Now that really had me scratching my head! OBTW this is a Ford reman motor and they did use Felpro head gaskets. So I took the heads to my local machinist and he poured water in the intakes and they were fine. Doing the same to the exhaust ports yielded 4 burnt exhaust valves. I had the heads milled .010 to get rid of the old HG ring, new exhaust valves installed plus the intakes resurfaced. I upgraded to ARP studs (very easy to install) and Scorpian 1.73 rockers (these appear to be very high quality rockers). Got her back together Thursday night and fired her up Friday. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!. Took her for a test drive and got "O2 rich" CEL. I erased the codes and now have 75 miles on it with no CEL, lots of power and considerably better gas mileage. I'm a happy SC owner, once again.

Thanks to all who responded to my previous threads about my rough idle problem.

I hope this feedback will help SC owners who may have similar rough idle symptons. Doing a compression check earlier would have saved me a lot of frustration and money.

Ed Springer

90 Black XR7 5-speed: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, '94 Supercharger, 36# injectors, 190 l/h fuel pump, 5% SC Pulley, 180° Stat, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, UD Pulleys, Headers, Magnaflow Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:27 Gears, Rear Spring Air Bags, Ripper Shifter, 73 C&L MAF (Blue Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Synthetic Lubricants.

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, Accel 36# injectors, Scorpian 1.73 Rockers, ARP Head Studs, 190 l/h fuel pump, 180° Stat, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, Headers, UD Pulleys, Raven Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:73 Gears, 76 C&L MAF (Gold Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, ProTorque 2500 TC, Tokico Struts & Shocks, Royal Purple Synthetic Lubricants, American Racing 17” Sniper Wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S.

just wondering?

were you getting any check engine lights on when you were having this problem, i am having a similar problem, but no check engine lights, i resealed, and replaced the supercharger twice, and have new plugs and wires, and good spark...the car idles rough, and loses alot of power when going into boost..i am gonna do the compression test and see what it shows

Back