code 49 and 66

Jason Wild

I got code 49 it's default spark error (3.8 SC only)
and 66 mass air flow sensor circuit out of range (low)

anyone have these codes befor and know what makes them happen.
thanks Jason

i have my little book in front of me so...49- electronic distributorless ignition system (EDIS)- spark advance word (SAW) signal error or, spart output (SPOUT) signal changed ignition timing to 10 degrees BTDC (before top dead center) or, transaxle problem 1-2 shift error.

thats exactly what the book says, i hope that helps!

Code 49

I am working on a SC that runs fine cold, but after it warms up it isn't long before check engine lights up and the car instantly runs terrible. I believe the timing is dropping to 10deg. The transmission in the car has problems, but I didn't think that would have a serious effect on the EEC's.

Quote:
"or, transaxle problem 1-2 shift error."

Would the transaxle shift error cause the computer to drop the timing to 10 degrees like that ? I know I need to do a better diagnosis, and I will, but is this something I should be looking into ?

I don't think with an AOD transmission the computer would know whats going on with shifts as the TV cable looks after that.

Frit

code

an aod would not have that code because it is not electronic. also the old computer system doen't even scan for any type of trans failure, only the 94 and up might possible scan for something like that.

Back