Which Dashes DO NOT have the sliding compartment?

fastsc92

Does anyone know which styles, models, or years they stopped offereing the sliding compartment in the dash?

I got a really nice 93 non-slider dash I'm about to put in my 90, anyone got a nice slider dash they wanna trade before I put this one back in? Like in the next day or so?

I was curious how difficult it would be to cut the non-slider dash, and put a slider in it, but I am affraid I'll ruin the nice non-slider dash I'm trying to put in the 90...

So I'll be without a slider for a good while... until something else forces me to rip it out again...

sizemoremk said:
I got a really nice 93 non-slider dash I'm about to put in my 90, anyone got a nice slider dash they wanna trade before I put this one back in? Like in the next day or so?

I was curious how difficult it would be to cut the non-slider dash, and put a slider in it, but I am affraid I'll ruin the nice non-slider dash I'm trying to put in the 90...

So I'll be without a slider for a good while... until something else forces me to rip it out again...

I've got a nice gray slider dash out of an '89 that I am parting out here in the Chattanooga area. Shoot me an email at newcoms at bellsouth dot net for some pics. I don't want to trade, just trying to sell.

SCme said:
I've got a nice gray slider dash out of an '89 that I am parting out here in the Chattanooga area. Shoot me an email at newcoms at bellsouth dot net for some pics. I don't want to trade, just trying to sell.

Dang, I need a black'n....

Thanks

Yeah, my dash is "damaged" to say the least and I need a replacement. It did not have the compartment (92), and I'd like to keep it that way. However, I've been having a hard time finding a good condition one....in black. I might be forced to swap the entire thing out for a LX dash and changed the wiring and trim peices. I have located a black dash from a SC, but it has that tray. So I dunno what to do.

You'll have to swap the wiring between years anyways, there are differeneces.

I Just ripped all of the wiring out of the 93, and put the 90 wirning in it...

I don;t know what it woudl cost to ship, but I have a really nice 93 dash, whithout the slider, and I'd definately be intereste in trading it for a slider dash....

A pain all over again, so I guess I should go ahead and put the non-slder dash on in...

I need to quit spending money anyways... It would prolly cost another $100 to ship one....

Yea, its tough to find a dash...so the search continues. They are heavy as he!!, so i'd like to stay away from shipping, but I'm willing to drive about 3 hours to get one.......If i ever find one locally.

fastsc92 said:
Yea, its tough to find a dash...so the search continues. They are heavy as he!!, so i'd like to stay away from shipping, but I'm willing to drive about 3 hours to get one.......If i ever find one locally.

I'm going to have a black one with a slider available as soon as I get back to Knoxville, TN and get it out..... could be a couple weeks though. Going to do an interior swap so I'll have pretty much all the interior panels available in black :p It may be a 35th, but if I keep it stock I'm going to spend alot more to get the seats redone (they're in sad shape) then I can buy a parts car with a complete later model interor for. Besides, I like the later model setup alot more :) And I've fooled with the damn passive restraint system enough to know it's worthless :p

Last edited:
mn12sc35th said:
And I've fooled with the damn passive restraint system enough to know it's worthless :p

Maybe off topic, but you know the Canadian birds had regular ole seatbelts...

sizemoremk said:
Maybe off topic, but you know the Canadian birds had regular ole seatbelts...

Yep, I looked into that a couple years ago. Shipping is a bit of a killer for those rear quarter sections too :rolleyes: Between having to recover the seats and getting ahold of the parts to ditch that passive restraint system (it's going to feel real good to rip that worthless junk out :p ) it'll cost more than I can find a decent later model parts car with a complete interior for. Those 2 tone seats are spendy to have redone right.

mn12sc35th said:
Those 2 tone seats are spendy to have redone right.

I hear ya, I got quotes from 650-800 locally, and that was for the fake leather, and only the fronts!!!

I think that if I could find someone that would do it reasonably, particularly the 35th seats, it would be worth it to have several sets made for a possible discount. I know people would buy them.

What we need is someone that lives close to Mexico, I know some folks I was in the military with got some NICE paint jobs, for tons less, down there...

Whoever finally gets a good source for re-doing SC seats will probably be abe to do some good business!!!

sizemoremk said:
I hear ya, I got quotes from 650-800 locally, and that was for the fake leather, and only the fronts!!!

I think that if I could find someone that would do it reasonably, particularly the 35th seats, it would be worth it to have several sets made for a possible discount. I know people would buy them.

What we need is someone that lives close to Mexico, I know some folks I was in the military with got some NICE paint jobs, for tons less, down there...

Whoever finally gets a good source for re-doing SC seats will probably be abe to do some good business!!!

Lance Morgan (the guy that runs the 35th Registry) tried to do that... they were looking at around 900-1000$ and I wan't to say that was pretty close to stock materials. That was a few years ago, I forgot why it never happened.

Back