PDA

View Full Version : Hope all you LA and MS folks are on high ground...

doodaa
08-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Let us know you're ok or if you need anything when you can...

scott456
08-31-2005, 01:31 AM
We made it out of the storm and are in Tuscaloosa, Alabama I was lucky enough to tow my cougar with me but the SC was left behind. It is sad b/c I am pretty sure I have lost everything (I live 1 block from the lake) and I just got the S/C completed. but At least my family and I are safe. the s/c did not have insurance on it during its restoration

doodaa
08-31-2005, 10:37 AM
Glad you and the family are safe, some things can be replaced but family isn't one of them. I know it sounds stupid looking at all those pictures on TV but I hope things aren't as bad as you fear when you get home. I know a little how you feel, I evacuated for Opal and the TV and "rumor mill" had the whole west end of Panama City Beach eradicated. It was bad right down by the water but I never even had to file an insurance claim and I lived about 4 blocks off the beach. The worst thing is the helpless feeling and I can't imagine how you guys are going to deal with that for as long as you may have to....

Feel free to let me know if there's any way I can help other than the Red Cross donation I've sent.

scott456
08-31-2005, 11:51 AM
You are 100% correct about the "rumors" the media is reporting but all you can do is hope for the best. I understand the feeling completely about being helpless all we do is just watch tv/drink beer sit in hotel room

doodaa
08-31-2005, 02:16 PM
I know I'd feel better if they'd seal those breaches in the levees and I don't even live in New Orleans.....

Are you watching the coverage on wdsu.com or depending on the "national" media? WDSU seems to be doing a fair job even though they're off site in Meridian.

scott456
09-02-2005, 02:50 PM
yes, wdsu is doing a good job on coverage.....i have been going to the website which is very good i am going to try to get over there just to check out my home hopefully in couple of days

focus
09-05-2005, 08:24 PM
Has anyone heard from Colby Parker from Kenner?

scott456
09-06-2005, 12:30 AM
don't know who he is. sorry