A few electrical problems...

JimmyDean

So my car is a 1990, non anniversary. I have the JBL stereo system. I have a problem with some circuit in the car. The previous owner I bought it from said the keyless entry system worked, but the fuse that controls it and some other things blows the instant you turn the car on. Or it pops it up, I can't remember what he said. I think this fuse also controls some other things on the car, like the interior lights (which dont work at all). Im not even sure where this fuse is, it's not under the hood. Also, my JBL system isnt working right. CD's wont play, I put them in and it starts to read them, and the radio switches over to cd, but it spits the cds right back out. Also, the right side is not as loud as the left, and the subwoofer is not outputting anything at all. Due to the crossovers, this makes the system sound really weak and tinny. Is there a connection problem somewhere, or is the sub completely blown?

JimmyDean said:
Also, my JBL system isnt working right. CD's wont play, I put them in and it starts to read them, and the radio switches over to cd, but it spits the cds right back out. Also, the right side is not as loud as the left, and the subwoofer is not outputting anything at all. Due to the crossovers, this makes the system sound really weak and tinny. Is there a connection problem somewhere, or is the sub completely blown?

1) Your CD Player is bad and needs serviced. (Typical problem)

2) Your Radio is the culprit for the weak right channel. It needs serviced as well. (Typical symptom)

3) The leading cause for problems with the factory sub (which is assumed to have previously worked) is a deterioration of the foam surround on the 6-1/2" driver in the enclosure. Remote possibility could also be either the main amp (which has the crossover circuits) or a dead sub-amp. Check the power going to the sub amp first.

Last edited:
What about the system for the interior lights? Another thing, whenever I get goin fast, the damn cd player shoots right out of its hole and its my hand on the shifter...

Back