CAI Opinions..

Jacob_Royer

SCCoA Member
Ok what is better this is what im considering

1 A cone type washable filter directly mounted to MAF

2 A Cone type washable filter with the elbo to stick it down in the fender where the air silencer used to live.

3 The same setup with the metal tubing also for going from MAF to the throttle body..

What are the pro's and cons of these setups.. I am pretty much decided on #2 or #3 but need to know what is really gained (other than apearance) from having the #3 type kit?

i think the ideal way would be thick plastic tube from TB down the fender well with a cone filter. the metal tube takes in too much heat

To date, I have never seen any hard data showing that a metal intake tube heats the air a particular # of degrees vs a plastic one. To further that statement, I have never seen any hard data that shows the air coming into the tube is heated significantly by the time it exits the tube when under high velocity conditions (WOT) where it really counts the most. If you have such substantiated data, please post it. The lower IC tube runs right past the exhaust manifold so if the metal tube heating the air is true, that would be the one of greater concern and significance.

Paul

Back