Need Help

Jeepster

Can anyone tell me the bare minimum of what i need to run the 3.8 SC?~?~? i am putting this engine in my jeep and have a complete car that was rear ended. now what i need to know is what harnesses and computers i need out of it i can probibly make my own starting circut i just need to know like whitch wires to power the computer and ignition and what critical things the computer needs like if it absolutely needs to run the fuel pump or if i can just run it by a switch. any help would be greatly appriciated.

I also have many parts from the interior of the car its a 1990 cougar XR7 it has the 5 spoke cougar rims on it most of the dash was totaled by the previous owner who was aparently just trying toget their sterio equipment out after it was wrecked. i am not useing th m5r2 tranny i think its called out of it its a 5 speed if anyone wants to make offers on parts let me know you pay shipping

Jeepster said:
Can anyone tell me the bare minimum of what i need to run the 3.8 SC?~?~? i am putting this engine in my jeep and have a complete car that was rear ended. now what i need to know is what harnesses and computers i need out of it i can probibly make my own starting circut i just need to know like whitch wires to power the computer and ignition and what critical things the computer needs like if it absolutely needs to run the fuel pump or if i can just run it by a switch. any help would be greatly appriciated.

I also have many parts from the interior of the car its a 1990 cougar XR7 it has the 5 spoke cougar rims on it most of the dash was totaled by the previous owner who was aparently just trying toget their sterio equipment out after it was wrecked. i am not useing th m5r2 tranny i think its called out of it its a 5 speed if anyone wants to make offers on parts let me know you pay shipping

The fuel pump actually isn't directly controlled by the EEC, it's on a relay and the EEC provides the turn on signal for the relay (with the inertia switch in the circuit to cut it, the injectors and the MAFS off after a wreck). I'm sure in your case, you can use a relay signaled off the ignition switch to run it.

Also being a 90 Manual, it most likely has EGR. You can swap the actual computer for a 90 auto or 91-93 (which arent set for EGR) or get a chip burned to turn it off. Or you can just make it work /shrug.

Find an EVTM on ebay. This thing has pretty much all the info you're after, but it's alot for me to sort through (I'm feeling a little crosseyed from trying already :p ).

thanks man i know i have alot of work cut out but who else wouldent want a SC engine in a 1500 pound jeep :D

Where are you located at? For those of us they may be interested in taking some of what's left of that car off your hands. Any I dea what kind of shape the tranny is in? Is the car drivable, and if so... does it shift smoothly or is the trans in need of rebuild?

Good luck with the 3.8 SC in the Jeep.... That should make for a wild ride. Is this for off-road only or to be street driven? Cuz I am sure that SC motor would have NO PROBLEM turnin a set of 44" Boggers :D :D

the car is located in pueblo colorado. i drove the car 2 hours home then pulled the engine. the tranny shifted smooth with no grinding. like i said everything in the dash is demolished still have door pannels front seats and so on all the front suspention stuff is there with the air ride i guess is what it is thats what it says rear end and tranny still there.

Back