94 sc shorter sc belt.

94super-pa

Please help. Does anyone know any brands and part numbers for a shorter supercharger belt for a 94 supercoupe? I replaced the supercharger pully with a 5% under pully and now my belt is slipping at high RPMs. I think it is slipping because there is a loud sqealing coming from under the hood at high RPMs.

Thanks for your help.

The belt numbers encode the length. Find the stock replacement and then have the store look for one an inch shorter but still 8 rib.

What I did on my 94 was to swap out the larger idler pully from the other belt. Just the pully and not the bracket. You know when they slip when you have black dust on your supercharger.

You can get steel idler pullies from NAPA for $15. I replaced all of mine with the same size and that size is bigger than the stock pully for the blower belt.

The stock belt is normally a 393/K8 or 080393 (080 or K8 being the number of ribs and 393 the length). If you have a 5 or 10% overdrive pulley a 080390 usually works. As mentioned above, however, if you replace your tensioner pulley with the Cobra steel type they are slightly larger diameter and that would compensate for the smaller SC pulley. Hence the stock belt would still be ok. GoodYear Gatorback or Dayco Polycog are particularly good belts because the ribs are cross-cut; so it hugs the smaller pulleys well and doesn't suffer from the normal rib cracking (it's like pre-cracked). The Dayco are available from PepBoys and S080390 would be the one you need.

Back