black smoke

matrix5089

my sc is blowing a little black smoke out the tail pipes when i really get on it. I have some oil in the supercharger and pipes but from what i read this is normal im going to put a oil seperator on. i had a problem like this with a 302 i had once it ended up being the valve guides but the smoke was alot worse i think the smoke was lighter too. From what i understand dark smoke is usually associated with running rich i have no codes new o2s cleaned mass air also. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this/

dont trip all these cars do that, at least the ones ive seen at the track,. rich is always better than lean my friend

Oil separators like the ones you see advertized for Mustangs (similar to the glass oil separators used on a compressor) are nice, but there just isn't much room on our firewalls or inner fenders to mount one. I just disconnect the air intake pipe every now and again, get some throttle body cleaner - spray the throttle plate and inside of the body, use a tooth brush to work the surfaces and then spray about 1/2 a can while opening the throttle (with the motor running). Whatever you do don't put the spray tube on the nozzle - you don't want it flying off into the plenum.

Back