What size injectors?

JasonMiller94SC

I just got the car tuned and it looks like I'm maxing out the stock 36 lb injectors. One person said get 42's but I think I'll max them out as soon as I turn on the nitrous. Then someone suggested 50's but then I was told that 60's don't cost much more than the 50's so I might as well get them in case I decide to get stupid and put a bigger shot on it or put a cam in, or both. Anyone know where I can get a good set of 60's?

Jason%20Dyno%20graph.JPG

Jason,check with Victor at SpinningWheels,he is advertising on Ebay that he has them..plus he's a SC guy.
z
JasonMiller94SC said:
I just got the car tuned and it looks like I'm maxing out the stock 36 lb injectors. One person said get 42's but I think I'll max them out as soon as I turn on the nitrous. Then someone suggested 50's but then I was told that 60's don't cost much more than the 50's so I might as well get them in case I decide to get stupid and put a bigger shot on it or put a cam in, or both. Anyone know where I can get a good set of 60's?

Jason%20Dyno%20graph.JPG

Which style do I need? racetronic.com has High-Z and Shorty High-Z. I'm not sure which type I need. I was also told that the Siemens brand was the best to get.

Last edited:
you need the high Z, bosch style injector. Not the pencil style, and not the stubby style. I'd say 42's will be plenty, but thats all up to you. I'm running more HP than you and a nitrous kit with my 42's and I run a solid 12.0 a/f, however everyone's application is different.

Last edited:
I was told by the person that tuned my car that he had better flow data on the 60's. What shot of nitrous are you running on your car? I had the 55 shot on mine but couldn't turn it on because of the injectors. I think with new injectors I will run the 75 shot.

I have run a 75 shot with no issues at all, and I plan on stepping up to a 125. Also make sure you're fuel pump is up to the task.

The fuel pump was replaced last year with a 255 high pressure unit from mn12 performance so I'm good there. I'm still running the stock bottom end of the motor. I wonder how much abuse it will take.

JasonMiller94SC said:
The fuel pump was replaced last year with a 255 high pressure unit from mn12 performance so I'm good there. I'm still running the stock bottom end of the motor. I wonder how much abuse it will take.
\

I read a thread on here recently where XR7 Dave was making 450+ rwhp with a 140,000 mile stock bottom end.

The Seimens 60 High-Z tall injectors work great. You will need a tune to run big injectors on a 94/95 either way so might as well go big if you have big plans. Do it once, do it right. Go to the source, www.racetronix.com for a flow matched set.

David

fastsc92 said:
you need the high Z, bosch style injector. Not the pencil style, and not the stubby style. I'd say 42's will be plenty, but thats all up to you. I'm running more HP than you and a nitrous kit with my 42's and I run a solid 12.0 a/f, however everyone's application is different.

I just recieved a set of 60lb, High Z, non stubby injectors from racetronix, however they have a "slender" body. Are these the "pencil" style noted above and do I have the right thing?

Back