Two First for me in Gas History

Red Head

So i like many others probally heard about the weather in the southeast and how gas prices are going to spike soon...so i went to get gas with the intent to fill her up all the way(1 First) I paid over $47 for a full tank.....The next couple of months are going to suck...I may have to bust out the bike.......
08-30-05_2117.jpg

08-30-05_2118.jpg

Try owning an suv where the gas tank is 25 gallons and usually costs me about $65 a week to fill her up. Yeah its no fun but you got to do it.

Shane

costs me over a hundred to fill my truck, although 2 tanks doesn't help either. Thankfully I bought a diesel. My last gas jobber only got 9 around town,,,,loaded it got 4. Loaded I'm getting 15-16 now, and empty I'm right at 19-20.

Still ain't too happy about the prices though. I may have to look into alternative fuels for the diesel. Too bad I can't do the same for the SC.

Skip

Gas prices SUCK! It's such bullcrap! Now we get hit with a hurricane. So who in the world do you think will help the good old USA out? NOBODY! We need to stop helping everyone else out and take care of ourselves first for once. :mad:

wisupercoupe said:
Gas prices SUCK! It's such bullcrap! Now we get hit with a hurricane. So who in the world do you think will help the good old USA out? NOBODY! We need to stop helping everyone else out and take care of ourselves first for once. :mad:

I honeslty have to agree with that statement. I cant really see any other countrys helping us out but we help everyone else out when they have a disaster. Oh well... thats live.

Shane

$2.97 a gallon? Pffftttt thats nothing I just dropped $3.14 a gallon to fill my Hybrid up today..

KwikGSeX said:
$2.97 a gallon? Pffftttt thats nothing I just dropped $3.14 a gallon to fill my Hybrid up today..

Was that for 87 octane? I sure hope not since I have been forgetting to fill up my expedition since gas was $2.55 for 87 octane last I checked.

Shane

Sure the gas prices suck, but what sucks more is when I fill up my 38 gallon tank in my truck and the damn pump shuts off at $75. Can I just replace the nozzle and re-swipe my card to finish filling up???? NO I have to go inside to so they will reset the pump and then I can finish filling. If it's the stations that are putting a $75 cap, they need to rethink things since gas prices are so high now. If it's that credit card company, I will shop for a new credit card.

Pay-at-the-pump is the greatest thing since sliced bread, except when you cannot pay at the pump :mad:

Kurt, my debit/MC card does the same thing at a Mobil station near my shop. If I go there I can't fill her. I have noticed it other places as well. They all stop at 75.

The only place I can fill up at is at a small station near my house. They still have the OLD pumps with the rotary dials. I swear they have to be from the 70's. LOL!

Stop at 75, they stop at 50 around here, heck I need to run the card like 3 times to fill my 79 F-150s 2 tanks.
I never thought I'd get rid of this old truck,( was my grandfathers & he kept it up well), but with these prices I'm reconsidering.
No OD, & 9-12 mpg, really sucks.
They need to make a new commercial like that Dish Network one,(where the TV really sucks)
Only, Show the gas pump sucking the cash out of your butt!

They need to make a new commercial like that Dish Network one,(where the TV really sucks)
Only, Show the gas pump sucking the cash out of your butt!

That's So Hilarious & True! Some environmental group should put the money into that. ... Get attention quick!

Ya know, all stations in NJ are full service. You're not supposed to pump your own gas, so they pay people to do it .... And gas is only about 2.41 regular in part. .. So there is NO way they can justify the BS. .. in a 30 minute ride south from the 2.41 pump it goes to about 2.69 ... I am still baffled as to how they can justify it all. .. Just SUCK Money From Your Butt!

Anthony

SCgraphics guy said:
... heck I need to run the card like 3 times to fill my 79 F-150s 2 tanks.

I'd be fine with that is they actually let me run the card multiple times at the pump. As it is, I have to either use a different card for the next attempt or walk inside and tell them to turn the pump on and then walk back in and pay at the counter....yeah, it still erks me.

I filled the SC up yesterday and payed $53.75 to fill it. I won't even tell y'all how much I paid yesterday to fill the 2 tanks on my 95 F-150 extended cab pickup, but let me just say any spending money we had for the week is gone, and then some.
Out of curiosity, is anyone here thinking of taking their SC off the road or changing their driving habits because of the prices? I admit I am seriously contemplating taking the SC off the road early this year because I will not put anything less than 93 octane into my car. I'm scared to death if I do it will hurt the engine in some way.
It's total b.s. that we have a ton of crude in reserves but the politicians don't believe the crisis is severe enough to warrant tapping into it. The reason they don't think it's severe enough is because everyone is still paying these outrageous prices. Maybe if these gas stations sat deserted for a few days with no gas being sold it might change some people's minds to start giving a bit. It makes it worse in NY because there's a gas tax we have to pay on top of the stupid prices already being charged. We can drive 45 minutes into Vermont and pay .40 less per gallon of gas.
Sorry to vent, but I get so sick of the politicians dictating what THEY think is best for the American public when they don't have the first friggin clue about what's best for ANYONE, themselves included. At this rate, I can easily see a civil war breaking out in this country unless somebody starts listening to the MAJORITY of the American people. People are getting sick of being raped all the time, especially by our own government. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I filled my 00 F150 5.4 up the other day and put $50 in it. I haven't filled my 'Bird in a few months since it's been down due to headgaskets.. and maybe I don't want it running quite yet :D

I'll be hitch-hiking to SC Shootout this year :D

-Melon

You wanna complain about gas prices? Give me a break guys.... try filling up here in Canada.... regular just jumped up to $3.82US per US gallon.......

Top THAT one.........

Frit

try this out...

Gas today hit $3.39.9 for the cheap stuff here.Add another $o.35 to the count if you want the good stuff, 93 or so they claim...
Last week I went to the drag strip and got 110 leaded race gas for $3.99 a gallon. With that you really get something for your $$$.
Now here is something to really think about....Everything in this country comes to us on trucks,,,,,Watch how this brings the price of food and everything else up with it...Anybody got a basket full of MONEY??? I need a loof of bread....and why are all the guysin the army walking in the "goose step" style again???? Why is the wind making such a dust storm out in the midwest again. Was that NE. or OK. that just blew away???
Time for old George "W" to get his ducks back in a row and get tis country back on the working side, not keep helping everyone else....
I worry that at this rate there won't much left for my grand kids if and when my kids have them............Time to start praying and stop playing world cop.........and yes I did my duty many years ago.........Rich

NY90RedSC said:
Out of curiosity, is anyone here thinking of taking their SC off the road or changing their driving habits because of the prices? I admit I am seriously contemplating taking the SC off the road early this year because I will not put anything less than 93 octane into my car. I'm scared to death if I do it will hurt the engine in some way.

Actually, I have just started driving another car to work last week. It doesn't require premuium, and get's better gas mileage. Driving a 4 door, 4 clyinder isn't much fun, but it is cheaper. :(

I thought about taking it off the road for the year, but I have decided to just drive it once in while, until it gets parked for the Winter. This really sucks. :(

Back