Anti-lock light

ThunderDave

A few times recently when starting my car, the "anti-lock" light stays on. After after some driving, I can shut it off and restart and the light goes out. It doesn't stay on every time. Is there a relay or switch that could be causing this? The brakes seem to work fine with no problem when the light is on.

Thanks!

Abs Relay

NCredSC said:
A few times recently when starting my car, the "anti-lock" light stays on. After after some driving, I can shut it off and restart and the light goes out. It doesn't stay on every time. Is there a relay or switch that could be causing this? The brakes seem to work fine with no problem when the light is on.

Thanks!
THERE IS A RELAY FOR YOUR ABS MODULE. IT IS LOCATED ON THE RIGHT FIREWALL NEAR THE AC ACCUMULATOR. THE RELAY IS BROWN. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MINE. THEY COST LESS THAN $30.
WILLIE.....RALEIGH NC. RED 91 SC.

Hey, where in Raleigh are you? I'm out near Lake Wheeler, off Simpkins rd. The light has been coming on periodicaly, so yeah, I think you are right about it being the relay. Thanks for the info. We've been having little get togethers at Highbeams every few months and it's about time for another. Maybe the 2nd Saturday in October, the local bird owners can do it again.

Still waiting on it to be re-shipped.....

Damn carrier wouldn't deliver for some reason..... :mad:

Looks like I'll have to pick which SC to drive.....

Relay

NCredSC said:
Hey, where in Raleigh are you? I'm out near Lake Wheeler, off Simpkins rd. The light has been coming on periodicaly, so yeah, I think you are right about it being the relay. Thanks for the info. We've been having little get togethers at Highbeams every few months and it's about time for another. Maybe the 2nd Saturday in October, the local bird owners can do it again.
I LIVE IN HOLLY SPRINGS BUT I WORK AT CROSSROADS FORD IN CARY (THE PARTS DEPT)

it could be your brake accumulator ball. I would seriously check into that because if you need to slam your brakes they WILL NOT function when the abs takes over. I learned the brake light lesson the hard way and now I am looking for another sc.

Hi David,
Yes It's probably the relay but David listen to Tony! It could also be the accumulator ball. Take the car and get up to about 50 MPH and hit your brakes hard it they do not stop properly it could be you need a the ball as well. good advice by Tony I know what he means I tail ended a lady lucky is was just softly but I had to replace my ball also. By the way I finished what I was telling you about. I need to talk with you.
Thanks for all the neat emails you are going to be more famous than ever ;) :)
Best Regards as Usual.
Victor...

RED 91 SC. I have been trying to contact you. Had a woldwind week :eek:
call me if you can tomorrow. Or I'll try you.
Victor....
www.spinningwheels-sc.com
352-732-5013

victor malvar said:
Hi David,
Yes It's probably the relay but David listen to Tony! It could also be the accumulator ball. Take the car and get up to about 50 MPH and hit your brakes hard it they do not stop properly it could be you need a the ball as well. good advice by Tony I know what he means I tail ended a lady lucky is was just softly but I had to replace my ball also. By the way I finished what I was telling you about. I need to talk with you.
Thanks for all the neat emails you are going to be more famous than ever ;) :)
Best Regards as Usual.
Victor...

RED 91 SC. I have been trying to contact you. Had a woldwind week :eek:
call me if you can tomorrow. Or I'll try you.
Victor....
www.spinningwheels-sc.com
352-732-5013

Victor, what's happening? Why have you not come up here to see me yet? ;) We got no hurricanes. :eek: Oh, I replaced the accumulator when I bought the car two years ago, with a Prior reman unit. Sometimes it stays on after cranking and sometimes it comes on when I'm just stopped at a light. I do think it's the relay.

Hmmm, Crossroads Ford parts dept.? Do you know Carl Reeves? We bought our Freestar from him.

Eddie, if you bring a spare set of rear tires off of one of the dozen SCs you have now :eek: I'll smoke the lot up for you. :D :p

Highbeams

NCredSC said:
Victor, what's happening? Why have you not come up here to see me yet? ;) We got no hurricanes. :eek: Oh, I replaced the accumulator when I bought the car two years ago, with a Prior reman unit. Sometimes it stays on after cranking and sometimes it comes on when I'm just stopped at a light. I do think it's the relay.

Hmmm, Crossroads Ford parts dept.? Do you know Carl Reeves? We bought our Freestar from him.

Eddie, if you bring a spare set of rear tires off of one of the dozen SCs you have now :eek: I'll smoke the lot up for you. :D :p

IF YOU GUYS GO BACK TO HIGHBEAMS THIS OCT GIVE ME A CALL AT 919 369 4145

David. Be careful when that ABS light comes on solid. Does it take a while in the morning for the lights to go out after you start it? I got a solid ABS light one day and within a few minutes I had no power brakes. I replaced the relay and still had the same problem. Then I tested the pump with my 12V drill battery and found out the pump wasn't working. I replaced that and everything was good.

NCredSC said:
I'll see what I can do...... :D

I can't be there on the second saturday in October......Family things to do.... :rolleyes:

Any other saturday is fine with me......

The brakes have been good so far. I haven't noticed any problem with them. I'll try the relay first to see if that's it. Where are those pics Jeremy?

Eddie, how about the 24th? Where's Tyler at? This Time, don't start without us. ;)

Bite_Dees_SC, can you make it that day? If we meet, it will be around 12, unless you want to be like Eddie and get there at 11. :D

Eddie, I still think our waitress looked as good as yours, even if she didn't have those freaky red eyes. :eek:

NCredSC said:
Eddie, I still think our waitress looked as good as yours, even if she didn't have those freaky red eyes. :eek:
They were freaky TIGER EYES..... :eek:

Bengal tiger eyes if I remember correctly.....Even after 6 Blue Moons.... :confused:

NCredSC said:
Bite_Dees_SC, can you make it that day? If we meet, it will be around 12, unless you want to be like Eddie and get there at 11. :D
We took a short cut, I had a really good navigator with me.....

Last edited:
NMxr7SC said:
David. Be careful when that ABS light comes on solid. Does it take a while in the morning for the lights to go out after you start it? I got a solid ABS light one day and within a few minutes I had no power brakes. I replaced the relay and still had the same problem. Then I tested the pump with my 12V drill battery and found out the pump wasn't working. I replaced that and everything was good.
Where did you get a pump? I think mine is gone in my car. A few yrs ago I got the accumulator ball from prior reman. Things were great. Parked my car for 2 weeks and hard pedal when I wanted to take it out, ABS and Brakes lights solid. Looked here to get the part number for the relay cause I determined the pump was not running. Put MR120 relay in a few minutes ago(11.99 autozone took 3 days) and still no pump!! Darn, someone mentioned on the board sometime ago about replacing the brushes? Is there a rebuild kit for the pump motor? Any other ideas? I filled it up B4 I parked it too..... Darn! LOL

falkor923 said:
Where did you get a pump? I think mine is gone in my car. A few yrs ago I got the accumulator ball from prior reman. Things were great. Parked my car for 2 weeks and hard pedal when I wanted to take it out, ABS and Brakes lights solid. Looked here to get the part number for the relay cause I determined the pump was not running. Put MR120 relay in a few minutes ago(11.99 autozone took 3 days) and still no pump!! Darn, someone mentioned on the board sometime ago about replacing the brushes? Is there a rebuild kit for the pump motor? Any other ideas? I filled it up B4 I parked it too..... Darn! LOL
I don't know if there's a rebuild kit for it. I had a complete ABS assembly from a junkyard car and the motor tested good. I wouldn't think it would be hard to rebuild the pump if you had the parts.

Not trying to but in but if you need it I have the complete ABS system of my 1990. I am going to manual brakes. I even have the computer that sits on the bach package tray to go witit if you need it. Tim :D

Hello Guys,
We are willing to help anyone who need help with their braking system. ! know a very good brake man that has assisted us with many brake problems from many members that have had diffrent problems. Remanned units cost aproximetly $450.00+ Labor for a fairly good unit with some warranty. We have tried e working with a few of these companies, some of the units lasted day's some then you either get lucky If the Instsallation is done properly by someone with experience or it can get costly $65.00 to $75.00 per hour.
I used to sell units regularly have them checked out throughly and never had a return. Some Intallers do not know what they were doing and some people get upset because of the cost of instlling the system and still not have the ABS working properly! If any one needs some assistance with a unit or needs a complete working unit, we still have the Teves 11 available. If you just need some help feel free to call.
352-732-5013
Good Luck
Allways keep a good braking distance :rolleyes:

Back