What was that source for coated rotors??

sizemoremk

Hey guys, I remeber someone selling coated rotors from the Grand Prix and I cannot find that info anymore???

I am looking for a set...

Thanks!

Last edited:
ESM is selling rebuilt coated rotor packs..Paul at BTM is a good contact for that but I dont think they are cheap

Yeah, but someone here was selling used grand prix rotors for a decent price....

I can't find the thread anymore...

Coated rotors

Go to
www.ClubGP.com

Join and make a posting there in the wanted section

You will get tons of offers ranging from 50-150 for a set

Its very easy to install But IS NOT a direct bolt in
The dowel pins do not align cause they are in different positions

Ill give you an easy solution

Last edited:
Conan56 said:
Go to
www.ClubGP.com

Join and make a posting there in the wanted section

You will get tons of offers ranging from 50-150 for a set

Its very easy toi install But IS NOT a direct bolt in
The dowel pins do not align cause they are in different positions

Email me Conan56@Aol.com

Ill give you an easy solution

You just move pin right?

You are right!!!

Yep you move the pin and it will fit.. Oh yeh and I think I had to drill it out to a 25/64..... Also the dude does a good job on shipping and the rotors not being chipped!!! I put a set in MPII...... Worked like a charm.. No need to pay 400 bucks for them....
sizemoremk said:
You just move pin right?

Rotors

Moving the Pin is more work then you need to do

Moving the pin can also be a pain to gett he pin out

All you need to do Is redrill the case to accomadate the Pin

Just redrill down approx 5/16 of an inch so the pin sinks into the hole

Plenty of The threads will still be in the bottom of hole

Also redrill the Snout holes to a larger size to accomadate the pin also

It takes Maybe 5 min to drill both Holes to the larger size
Then seal it back up and bolt it back together

Ive been doing these for years already Its a very Simple and cheap upgrade
It was worth like 2 lbs of boost on my Magnaport 2

Only issue with using GTP rotors is that most of them when you recieve them will be discolored from carbon because of the EGR system

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT attempt to clean the rotors with anything you will remove/damage the coating

All It is is discoloration and Doesnt affect anything

I bought a set of GTP rotors from a guy off of clubGTP, and modified an extra M90 case for them by drilling out hole in the case for the GTP dowel. After I was all done I mounted the rotors and they had bad bearing in the rotor pack. I think someone had overheated these rotors as the coating was extremely delicate and would peel right off at the slightest touch. So in the end I reused my original uncoated rotors on my SC rebuild.

Jerry

The scum on the GTP rotors from the egr is the best part, When I first put mine in, it went like a cracked out raped ape, but as the pcv oil coated them, they got cleaner and the car lost some spunk. Ed Morad sells excellent rotors by the way, the extra mods you gotta do is totally worth it.

Hell Damon why didn't you ask me? I have sent about 6 people his way in the last few weeks.

Shockwave I don't know what kind you got but the ones the coating is nearly bullet proof. I have sprayed Carb cleaner, brake cleaner, every solvent in my garage and the stuff doesn't come off. Not like the 94-95 SC rotors.

Jeff

Coated rotors

UMM

You guys do all realize that Ed Morad isnt the only guy that sells Blowers and Rotors right?

Like I said previously in this post
Join and put a post in the Wanted section

Thats what I have done and I got multiple sets this way

GTPMorad is a excellent seller but he is NOT the only seller

The site Im refering to is WWW.ClubGP.com

Last edited:
Are you refering to GM M90 rotors or SC rotors? The Gm's are what they are looking for. He is the only consistant source for only the rotor pack. He will probably have some soon. He has a case on ebay right now.

Jeff

J57ltr said:
Hell Damon why didn't you ask me? I have sent about 6 people his way in the last few weeks.

Shockwave I don't know what kind you got but the ones the coating is nearly bullet proof. I have sprayed Carb cleaner, brake cleaner, every solvent in my garage and the stuff doesn't come off. Not like the 94-95 SC rotors.

Jeff

I didn't even try and clean them, as I wasn't concerned with how they looked. The coating was chipped on the edges and it started peeling off. I paid $80 dollars for them and they were supposed to be off a 2001 GTP with 30,000 miles. I did not know that the bearings on the rotor plate were bad and had play until after the modification of my case. Basically I got ripped off. I think they were either overheated from lack of oil or spun too fast. I find it hard to beleive they have 30,000 miles.

All that was needed to run the GTP rotors was to drill the upper right case bolt hole out with a K size (get calipers out and check that) drill. Then drill out that same hole on the snout. I think it would be very hard to move the pin. The modification doesn't hurt the case and the early rotor pack can be reused like I did.

I'm not knocking the MOD, but you have to get a good rotor pack or it's worthless. Don't forget these have been arouund since 97 and can have easily over 100,000 miles on them so they may not be better than what you have. Get a lot of detail pictures before buying.

Jerry

rotors

That would be GN rotors

Also one more piece of advice

Tell them you want to see pics before purchase
There are guys that sell GOOD used rotorpacks

The rotor packs themselves are good but they fail to tell you almost all the coating is flaked off

GN rotors, Grand National? No we are refering to Supercharger rotors out of GM cars.

I don't know where you get your info but I have only seen 2 bad rotor bearings and have only heard of it on less than 5 cases of this on the boards.
If you are drilling the case then the alignment must be perfect. You really need to use a mill, any misalignment in the needlw bearings will be magnified, and cause quick failure. The ball bearings in the front can handle a LITTLE more misalignment but they will fail. That is one of the reasons for the alignment lugs in the first place. It may have been bad, but that is a concern.

Ed will always send pics, if you ask. I have never seen a GM rotor coating flake off. Wear yes, flake no. They are nothing like the coating on the SC, Lightning, Jag or Cobra. I don't know why it is different but it is. The coating on the GM seems to attract more carbon than the other coatings or bare.

I have 2 complete Gm M90's 97-97 and 2 sets of rotors. All are the same.

Jeff

All of the issues you guys have discussed about modding the GM rotor paacks for the SC M90 case are exactly why you should contact ESM. I know that $450 isn't exactly easy to come by for everyone (especially me). But if I am spending money on a Mag 2 which has been rebuilt in every way BUT the rotors it is definately to my advantage to have a rotor pack rebuilt with new bearings, get the rotors coated, and not have to worry about any misalignment or bearing failure. I am very confident the the process in wich the coating is applied and the coating itself are very much superior to anything that was stock on SC's or GTP's, plus the fact that now I have a rotor pack with coating and bearings that have NO miles on them. Just some food for thought.

Back