Thought I'd add an XR7 to the fleet!

txsc

Well, I found an XR7 worth the money. It's a red '90 w/black leather, moonroof, etc. It's got 30,803 miles and has been sitting since 1997. Unfortunately, it encountered an ignition switch fire that year, and was taken out of service. However, the damage was very localized to the immediate column area, so it'll be an easy fix.

Although I've already located most of the mission-critical pieces, I'm sure I'll be needing some odds and ends once I get into the project. Basically, I'm going to strip the interior out to the sheetmetal, clean the good parts and replace everything in the "bad parts" pile. Then, just put all the pieces back together. The body, paint, interior (mostly), and driveline are in amazing condition. It'll look like new when I'm done.

The car also has the dealer-installed ground effects kit, which I'll be removing. Has anyone done this before? I'm hoping no holes were drilled into the body skin, and it'll just peel off. These parts will be available if anyone wants them for their Cougar. I'll post some photos when I get it home this weekend.

JD

txsc said:
Well, I found an XR7 worth the money. It's a red '90 w/black leather, moonroof, etc. It's got 30,803 miles and has been sitting since 1997. Unfortunately, it encountered an ignition switch fire that year, and was taken out of service. However, the damage was very localized to the immediate column area, so it'll be an easy fix.

Although I've already located most of the mission-critical pieces, I'm sure I'll be needing some odds and ends once I get into the project. Basically, I'm going to strip the interior out to the sheetmetal, clean the good parts and replace everything in the "bad parts" pile. Then, just put all the pieces back together. The body, paint, interior (mostly), and driveline are in amazing condition. It'll look like new when I'm done.

The car also has the dealer-installed ground effects kit, which I'll be removing. Has anyone done this before? I'm hoping no holes were drilled into the body skin, and it'll just peel off. These parts will be available if anyone wants them for their Cougar. I'll post some photos when I get it home this weekend.

JD
The XR7 has a GFX kit??? I'd like to see pics if you have them.

Back