HELP! ranger crapped out on me

wisupercoupe

Well I need some help here. Two weeks ago I replaced the flywheel in my Ranger. Yesterday I start up the truck and get the the gas station. Then, I come out and try to start it. I can start it out of gear. But I can't get it to go into gear. If I put it in gear it trys to start and move in gear. I've never had to put a slve cylinder in. How hard is it to do? Is that even my problem? The clutch still has alot of pad left on it also. Thanks for the help.

If you did not bleed your system, the clutch may not be releasing. Have a buddy bleed it with you and check the travel with a flashlight. Also, the flywheel might be stuck to the clutch but I have never seen them stay stuck after you have tried to start it.

Chris

Is the resevoir still full? If not replace what is leaking. If it is still full. Climb under there and see it the pressureplate is moving. If it is, you farted up the install and its in a bind.

Chris

I did the clutch on ours and decided that the slave looked ok and didn't replace it. Several weeks later the t-out bearing started grinding and brake fluid had washed out the grease in the bearing. So I had to do it twice.

Jeff

Check the bushing at the pedal that pushes the master cylinder pushrod. If it wears enough it won't disengage. Ford part number is E69Z-7526-A.

Can also use part number E7SZ-7A581-A

Last edited:
seawalkersee said:
I thought yours was an Elcamino :)

Chris

Actually that one is a GMC Diablo (SS El Cam) (and it's an auto)

My Wife had a Ranger (93') we sold it at a garage sale.

Now I have a 97' Lumina, 95' Taurus, and the 78' El Camino.

Jeff

Back