Engine Stumble

83GT460

Ok so here is the deal. My 95 SC has been running great, but on Tuesday I installed Kook's mid length headers and now I have an occasional stumble when I first hit the throttle. It will only do it when taking off from a stop, and when it does it feels as if the motor is going to die but then I let off the gas and it goes right back to a perfect idle. The headers I got did not have provision for EGR so it is not hooked up to the exhuast, but I did leave everything pluged in and only get an intermitten CEL (DPFE low flow) under hard accel but the car seems to run fine and the light goes off as soon as I get out of the throttle. As far as anything else related to the header install I don't see how it could be causing this because the only things I removed were the plug wires, plugs, manifolds, CAI, and upper IC tube. Thoughts and ideas on this problem will be appreciated.

Could be the fact that the EGR is not hooked up or maybe your O2s are freeking out on you. I would be messing around with getting the EGR fixed then worry about what else it could be. Good luck!

Shane

quick35th said:
Could be the fact that the EGR is not hooked up or maybe your O2s are freeking out on you. I would be messing around with getting the EGR fixed then worry about what else it could be. Good luck!

Shane

O2's are brand new, and yes I want to do something with the EGR but haven't decided if I want to delete it through the chip or try and hook it back up. I am not sure what symptoms the EGR not being hooked up will cause.

Back