Car seems to be missing!

C_More

my car for the past 2 weeks has developed a little miss.It idles really rough and shakes the whole car but that could be just an IAC adjustment!My question is if my IAC was not adjusted right then would it continue to miss under acceleration?

When I hold my foot stedy at 2500 rpms it will jump to 2600 for half a second the back to 2500 for a half second then to 2600 again and so on and so on and continue to do this for as long as I continue to accelerate!

At idle it does the same thing and jumps between 650 and 750.....need help!!

Chris

C_More said:
my car for the past 2 weeks has developed a little miss.It idles really rough and shakes the whole car but that could be just an IAC adjustment!My question is if my IAC was not adjusted right then would it continue to miss under acceleration?

When I hold my foot stedy at 2500 rpms it will jump to 2600 for half a second the back to 2500 for a half second then to 2600 again and so on and so on and continue to do this for as long as I continue to accelerate!

At idle it does the same thing and jumps between 650 and 750.....need help!!

Chris

IAC only affects it at an Idle (hence the name Idle Air Controller). Even then, I've never seen an adjustment for it. :confused: I've had something as simple as the A/C being on make the RPMs flux like that at an idle. I'm not really sure what would do it at higher RPMs though.

Back