The Co-worker from Hell! Thought I had a freind!

Have you ever been around an idiot who can't take a joke!? :confused:

Anyway, I was outside our call center talking to the security guard last week and I decided to play a joke on who I thought was my friend inside at the office. The security guard and I were looking at the hillside at the edge of the parking lot and I noticed a weird plant that resembled marjuana. I took this oppourtunity to ask the security guard if he would come inside after a while and tell my co-worker that he was looking for drugs on the premises. Security agreed to play along with the joke and look under his keyboard. Well, I went back inside and told my co-worker (supposed friend) that security was looking for drugs on the premises. Well he got up and left, so I used this oppourtunity to hide the "fake" marjuana plant under his keyboard.
Security showed up after a while and asked him to look under his keyboard because he was looking for drugs on the premises. Well, he then said: "SIR IT IS NOT MINE!" The security guard said: "Well it is under your keyboard" My co-worker then stressed: "IT IS NOT MINE SIR!" Well, the security guard could tell he was getting pissed, so he told him that it was all a joke by me (Frank). Anyway, while I was laughing my @$$ off this idiot proceeds to tell me that he knew it was fake marjuana anyway because it would have only had five leaves, they would by spread apart further, and the leaves are pointed. I was shocked because I don't personally know what it REALLY looks like. I asked him how he knows, and he said he has seen it on shirts before!!! LOL! :rolleyes:
Anyway, I though this guy would just take a freaken J O K E and laugh about it since we were freinds, but apparently he has told other co-workers that he is going after the poor security guard's job! What the hell is wrong with some people!??? I thought I had a friend since we are always joking around, but I guess I was dead wrong. I asked him if I had offended him and he said that I certainly had! I apologized, and I hope this freaken I D I O T does not try to get me in trouble.

What do you guys think?
Frank

Last edited:
ummmm......

I admit, I'm usually the first one at work to pull a practical joke, and I laugh when people get over on me, but, dude, you kinda crossed the line there- especially since you're at work. I don't know about your employer, but if I would have done something like that, I'd be fired. Just my .02.

Frank just tell the guy straight up to stop getting his panties all up in a bunch and move on. It was a freaking joke that did no harm unless he is a pot head in which case he probably about had a heart attack when the security guard came to him. Did anyone see him freaking out when the security guard comfronted him? This guy sounds like the type that if he fell down and hurt himself on your property just walking by would sue you for it. I hate people like that. Seriously if he tries any funny buisness you should get a pot leaf sticker and put it on his back bumper. :D :p

Shane

quick35th said:
Frank just tell the guy straight up to stop getting his panties all up in a bunch and move on. It was a freaking joke that did no harm unless he is a pot head in which case he probably about had a heart attack when the security guard came to him. Did anyone see him freaking out when the security guard comfronted him? This guy sounds like the type that if he fell down and hurt himself on your property just walking by would sue you for it. I hate people like that. Seriously if he tries any funny buisness you should get a pot leaf sticker and put it on his back bumper. :D :p

Shane

I hear ya Shane! Nobody was around but me and the security guard. Also it was made clear to him that it was a joke almost immediately. I sorta think he may be an undercover weed-head to get so bent about a freaken J O K E!!! :rolleyes:

Also,

This guy is a straight-up NERD without many freinds. I always hang out with him and joke around. I thought I was being a good freind. I have NEVER suspected him of drugs or anything of that nature. :) I made the biggest mistake by associating him as someone with the brain capacity to be anything more than weird. Maybe that's why nobody else gave him a chance. :confused:

He has to be a weed-head Frank there is no other explanation for him to have a cow like that. You should try to find out if you can. Ask him a bunch of questions that only a pot head would know. I honestly have never seen a pot leaf in person so there is no way in hell I could ever describe one as good as this guy can, especially if he has only seen one on a t-shirt.

Shane

Yup, sounds to me like you found a pot head that got freaked out thinkin he would get drug tested and come up "hot". Some people are pretty touchy like that. I knew a guy a few years ago that would straight up freak if someone even hinted at the idea that he would smoke weed. He said he was that much against drugs that he didn't think it was funny to even joke about it. Come to find out he was one of the biggest pot heads I ever met.

Frank,

Just apologize to the guy and ask him to drop it. Some people just can take being the butt of a joke.

David

David Neibert said:
Frank,

Just apologize to the guy and ask him to drop it. Some people just can take being the butt of a joke.

David

I actually did apologize to him yesterday. I asked him if I had offended him with my joke and he was bold enough to say "Yes, you certainly did". I then explained to him that I meant no offence and he would never need to worry about me doing anything like that again. ;)

What I was really telling him was that our freindship is over! :rolleyes:

quick35th said:
Ask him a bunch of questions that only a pot head would know.

Ummmm, Shane, how is Frank supposed to be able to ask him questions only a pot head would know the answers to? :eek: :p :D No really, sounds like he did freak out and may have something to hide. Sometimes it's the ones you would least expect that smoke it.

the guys a ~~~~in fag, wait i've almost got written up for suposedly calling people fags before(its slang for cig in England right), go on his computer and ~~~~ up his ~~~~, its the best way ;)

Dude.. I read the 1st 3 sentences of your paragraph of your description of your supposed joke. I didn't need to read any of the rest of it to know just how bad things were going to turn out..

Let me put it bluntly.. IMO, you are wholly and solely responsible for the result of your prank. It has nothing to do with a sense of humor on the part of your friend... it was your screw up. This is why "pranks" are immature and boorish and why I've had no part of them since high school.

Ultimately, pranks always end up blowing up in your face. In the worst case, people get hurt. I'd suggest a heaping serving of crow. ;)

I've got a guy who sits in the cubicle next to me who is a bit of a prankster also.. He's on his way out, but not directly due to his prankiness, but rather his cluelessness about how to behave as a professional. With him, its a whole littany of things, but 9/10ths of it are due to his mental state which is that of a smart 15 year old brat. :rolleyes:

yeah you people are starting to sound like something out of the king of the hill.... it was a joke get over it... ive done worst things... and anyone who cant stand a joke can kiss my ~~~... no point in living a life without humour...

again this is that drew carey episode with the caterpillar on top of the french frie.... dude dont even try to kiss his ~~~... just explain it to your boss...

darkstar_one said:
it was a joke get over it... ive done worst things... and anyone who cant stand a joke can kiss my ~~~... no point in living a life without humour...
So, once again.. help me out here.. what/where was the funny part. :confused:

lets just leave it at this... it would of been really ~~~~ed up if the secuirty gaurd would of really roughed him up and really checked him for stuff... but he didnt so get over it...

How was that "joke" supposed to have been the least bit funny? In this day and age with "random" drug testing and so forth, if anyone is suspected of using illegal drugs in the workplace, their life can be made a living hell. Regardless if this individual actually uses drugs or not, it's not the least bit funny and did nothing but cause trouble and possibly raise a cloud of suspicion over this individual's head that was totally unnecessary.
I don't use the stuff and I can tell you if someone pulled that kind of "joke" with me at my workplace, I'd make sure they enjoyed the joke of picking their teeth up off the floor for their childish stunt.
To be honest, y'all will probably be lucky if you don't lose your jobs over this little prank. Just pray this guy doesn't push this issue too far.

NY90RedSC said:
I don't use the stuff and I can tell you if someone pulled that kind of "joke" with me at my workplace, I'd make sure they enjoyed the joke of picking their teeth up off the floor for their childish stunt.
To be honest, y'all will probably be lucky if you don't lose your jobs over this little prank. Just pray this guy doesn't push this issue too far.
Sort of my sentiment too; however, after further review, I would (if I were the boss man), terminate the security guard no questions asked. They had an obligation to not ever go along with such a thing.. the individual is corruptable, they can be bought.. so get rid of them. If the person who pulled the prank were in any sort of supervisory role, I'd send him packing.. if he were not a supervisor of any type, a person doing shift work, I might let him off with a write-up to his personnel file provided he had some serious value to the organization such as the top worker and no priors. If he were a slacker or had no real value, out the door.. On 3rd thought, I would only keep them if the cost of getting rid of them would be something that would kill, cripple, or really hurt the company. Companies today can't afford that sort of liability. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but its correct.

I hope some don't think that owning a Supercoupe is in any way a mitigating factor as it isn't. Doing work on the same type of car that others admire, doesn't buy you OK to treat others badly points.

What also interesting is how some readers have suggested retalliating against the victim of the joke cuz.. "he can''t take a joke".. No irony there now is there?

Anyways, I'm sure he's rethought his actions by now and has made amends to his friend (What a friend, huh?) and prayed to the almighty that nobody else finds out and he doesn't get canned for it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
dirtybird91 said:
Well, I went back inside and told my co-worker (supposed friend) that security was looking for drugs on the premises. Well he got up and left, so I used this oppourtunity to hide the "fake" marjuana plant under his keyboard.

The fact that the guy got up and left his desk after Frank told him this, would make me wonder if he was trying to hide something. I've had the Mexican employees make comments about me before, even right there in front of the supervisor. I don't pay much attention to them and I don't think he does either. But I'm like hey, if you wanna test me, go right ahead.

I don't take their kidding seriously and for this guy to get so upset about it, makes me think he worried about being exposed. Maybe that kind of joking has no place in the work area, but it happens. If there's nothing to hide, then there shouldn't be a problem. Someone that over reacts like this guy did, might have something to hide.

I'm just tryin to figure out what the joke was??? :confused:

Wait!...thats the microwave...popcorns done...brb.....

Back