Oil Temoerature Gage

Super XR7

Has anyone installed a oil temperature gage in a Super Coupe? I was thinking about modifying the oil low level sender to measure the oil temperature. Does anyone have any better ideas??
Thanks,
Mike Tuck
Go VOLS

Vmm?

trife86 said:
use the VMM to read oil as the "poor man's gauge" im not sure how accurate it is lol
The VMM does not show Oil TEMPERATURE, it shows fluid LEVELS.

Re-read the question!

68COUGAR

Last edited:
Last edited:
I did not make myself very clear. What I want to do is to remove the "oil level indicator" from the oil pan, modify the plug to install a "oil temperature sender" for a autometer oil temperature gage. If my oil level is full, will the sender be immersed in oil while running?
Mike Tuck

the VMM does have a mode where it reads the oil tempature not sure how accurate it reads between cold - cool - norm - warm - hot

so i belive you can just tap off a wire from the vmm no?

trife86 said:
the VMM does have a mode where it reads the oil tempature not sure how accurate it reads between cold - cool - norm - warm - hot

so i belive you can just tap off a wire from the vmm no?

Why are you talking about the VMM??? Please read the above question. I do not have a VMM in the car, just the plug where the VMM oil level sender is screwed into oil pan. Forget about the VMM! and I realize I can not "just it plug in".
Can someone else help here?

Back