Tranmission Problem

Geevaaa9112

93 SC AOD, was leaving a parking spot in reverse, then put it into drive, when i was driving it wouldnt shift, but heres the weird thing it feels like it doesnt shift outta 1st gear, but i dropped it into 1 on the shifter and it downshifted, it drives about 30 mph at about 3000 rpms, when in drive. My fluid level is good. Anyone know what type of problem this could be? I just dont get how i could blow a tranny when shifting from reverse to drive, and i stopped in between to shift it. Any help is greatly appreciated, because I am a college student hoping for the easy fix scenario, but im feeling its not that simple

TV Cable

Don't drive the car until you confirm that the Throttle Valve cable is still connected to the linkage at the throttle body.

ignition control module

my car was stuck in second gear last week. i replaced the ignition control module and it made it shift like normal exept now i have to manually shift from 1st to second and then it shifts normal. I am about to have the tv cable adjust on my car to hopefully fix the 1st to second shifting. I would recomend you check the icm if you tv cable is fine.

Thanks for the help, i drove the car about 2 miles back to my school from where it happened then i parked it and havent drove it since. Hopefully going that far didnt hurt it too much. Why would a TV cable just pop off like that? I mean i have just recently changed the TPS, and the IAC but i never touched the other side where i assume the the TV cable attaches. Anyways thanks for the help

The TV cable can pop of at either end of it.It can come loose
at the throttle body,or at the transmissions lever.You can buy
and replace the plastic gromet at the throttle body,with a new
style brass unit from Ford.Cost around $5.00.To take to a shop
to test the Tv cable pressure adjustment with gauge cost
around $45.00.

If the TV cable is adjusted to tight.This can cause shift points to
be done at higher MPH.If the pressure is to low you will have
lower shift points,& then slippage and burn one of the clutch
packs or band out.

When adjusting the TV cable it best to air on the to tight side.
each noch can = around 2 + lbs of pressure after adjustment has
been done.

If your trans is not shifting.This can also be the govenor sticking
or hanging up .This is caused by dirt and grim inside the trans and
fluild.Or it is caused from galling of the aluminum and steel parts
that make up the govenor.To fix the govenor you don't have to
remove the trans.But you have to remove the tail shaft housing,
drive shaft,etc.

I would first check to make sure your TV cable is connected
at both ends.Then check the trans fluild to see how dirty it
is. Then change the filter and fluild.

Good luck Randy

Ya i figured it was the Tv cable, i checked it and it was connected at the throttle body. I brought it to a tranny guy, and hes like i have to take it out and rebuild it....i was still curious how i could blow a tranny from pullin out of a parking spot. So i called another tranny shop, and he said bring it down. So i got it towed over there, and little do i know the TV cable popped off the transmission side. I was thinking wow, the 1st guy defintely tried ripping me off, and the second tranny guy said ya i have had many recent complaints about him, The 1st guy is supposed to be a top guy in central MA. Claphams Transmission do not go there if from MA. Thanks for all the help guys.

I would replace the TV cable with a FORD TV cable.
And buy the brass grommet from Ford that holds the
TV cable at the throttle body.

When you adjust the cable.You should double check
adjustment with a pressure gauge.

RANDY

Randy N Connie said:
I would replace the TV cable with a FORD TV cable.
And buy the brass grommet from Ford that holds the
TV cable at the throttle body.

When you adjust the cable.You should double check
adjustment with a pressure gauge.

RANDY

Ya im having a tranny shop do it for me, they are ordering the part from ford. Thanks for the help

Back