can a dyno center tune my eec tuner?

walter89

i was just wondering if a dynotunning center will be able to tune the eec tuner board. thanks

andrew

Good luck tring to get a tune in IL.
I been tring for well over two years now.

I have a Diablo chip.Can't get it tuned.

And I bought a SCT chip, can't get it
tuned either.

Some will tell you you can get your chip
tuned by mail order.By the time you ship
the chip back and forth.And make numerus
trips to a dyno until you get your chip right.
You will have spent enough money to buy
another SC bird thats worthless because you
can't get it tuned.

Looks like I will most likely be selling my SC Bird,
because I can't get a tune for my mods.

If your smarter with computors than me.You
can by a SCT Chip $375.00.A SCT RACER
tuning package for $650..The a LM-2 $450..
A lap-top windows based computor $1500.00
to tune your self.Or go to the dyno,then
you will not need the LM-2.

RANDY

Last edited:
The tuner is not hard to figure out. there are alot of boards for the Tuner, Gui, Tweecer and they for the most part all tune the same way and call things the same. Just do some reading. Either way i would only tune with the use of a WB.

most dyno shops will try to get you to use some software that other locals are using & have someone that supports that software.
As for the EEC tuner, if you have the MAF function correct, (MAF tables, inj slope values, etc) tuning for WOT (open loop) isn't that tough.
Its all in WOTvs RPM tables & WOT fuel tables.(& or accel pump tables)
as for tuning for load (closed loop)on a particular car & different given variables, Alt, bar press, then that stuffs over most peoples heads.\

So, if you get someone to start a file for you for your current mods.
the most important things here are.
car model, year, computer code(family)
MAF meter,brand & size ,
inj brand & size, fuel pump size)

I don't know lots about tuning these cars, but do know MAF funtion is critical.
without it your going nowhere fast.
I do tune my own cars for WOT on the dyno as long as I know the MAF function is acurate.
As Dave N said most are using SCT now,
as I am on my 92 . I also have the software, but my 93 & 94 are still running the EEC tuner. The 94-95 years seem to have more tuning issue problems that other years from what I've seen, in person. ( my 94 for one)

As far as "dyno center" tuning your EEC tuner, they will likely look at it & call it generic software. It does work.
The biggest problem they will likely have is they will have to figure it out themselves & then realize they have to change each entry one at a time & it will take so much time, they'll just say(no!)
Your best to find someone who has a car the same year as yours( same computer family) that lives at about the same elevation( same conditions as you) & also have the same MAF & inj size,
Get a copy of that file & if they already have had their car dyno tuned, then you have a great starting point. In fact you'll likely just need minor A/F & timing adjustments & you'll have a great running car.
You still need dyno time to be sure the AF is correct.
Hope all this helps...others will have much greater know how than myself. but these are facts!

Last edited:
Back