Early SC wheels, late SC wheels. What's the difference?

No...wait....the later wheels were directional and the earlier ones were not........ok...someome tear into my A$$ now and tell me I need a dunce cap again and how terribly wrong I am and how I need to be shot on sight by any kiss your ring knowlegeable SC owner....yadda...yadda...yadda....yadda...

Pretty sure your right Sweet. Also I think the tab to help pry off the center cap was on the cap vs. on the wheel with the early wheels. That may just be on the 96-97 lx Sport option wheels but I don't think there any kind of change.

1owner89 said:
Pretty sure your right Sweet. Also I think the tab to help pry off the center cap was on the cap vs. on the wheel with the early wheels. That may just be on the 96-97 lx Sport option wheels but I don't think there any kind of change.

The sport wheel option is the same as the late model SC wheel. The only visible difference that I've noticed is the center caps. SC's got a solid cap with a T-bird logo on them. Sports got a cap with holes in them for the lug nuts to show through. Other than that the late model SC wheels and the Sports are identical.

Thats right I forgot about the holes in the center cap. I used sc caps when I replaced the 15 inch wheels on my 97 with the 16s. I did notice that the 16 inch was alot heavier than the 15 inchers they replaced. That might have been due to the tire weight diff going from a crappy cheap 15 inch tire to H speed rated 16s.

Back