Cam Pricing and Info...

90XR7Cougar5spd

I am thinking very hard about puting a better cam into my motor while i got it tore all apart. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good cam for everyday driving but yet perform good when i want it to. Also, pricing and info/link would be helpfull also.

Thanks alot guys and gals

Derek

Check with Dave Dalke. He can take care of all of your cam needs. I think they are $350 but dont quote me.

Chris

Actualluy, im kinda wanting something a little bit cheaper than that, im kinda on a budget. If i cant find a decent one for a price that i can afford, then ill just thrown the old one back in.......

Derek

I would still check with XR7Dave for chosing a grind. He may have a line on some longer pushrods for you as well.

Chris

seawalkersee said:
I would still check with XR7Dave for chosing a grind. He may have a line on some longer pushrods for you as well.

Chris

Yeah, he's definately the person to ask about cam specs :) I know the pushrods can be ordered from any parts store (summit is usually the easiest place) I just don't recall the length. You should be able to find that if you search this site for it though.

Call comp cams direct and ask for Matt Maxwell. I was one of the first to get a custom grind new billet cam from them....Seems a few people are currently using my exact same cam out there too..

DOnt bother getting a regrind..Youll need new pushrods (and will need to measure for that) a cam core (89 manual if you are going big) and will need to modify your timing chain (to degree cam)

Call comp...Ask for Matt Maxwell and tell him what you have modification wise and he'll hook it up. They are VERY knowledgable plus they have software to help em out.

Thats what I'd do..And did

Damon

DamonSlowpokeBaumann said:
Call comp cams direct and ask for Matt Maxwell. I was one of the first to get a custom grind new billet cam from them....Seems a few people are currently using my exact same cam out there too..

DOnt bother getting a regrind..Youll need new pushrods (and will need to measure for that) a cam core (89 manual if you are going big) and will need to modify your timing chain (to degree cam)

Call comp...Ask for Matt Maxwell and tell him what you have modification wise and he'll hook it up. They are VERY knowledgable plus they have software to help em out.

Thats what I'd do..And did

Damon

Damon,

What grind did you go with ?

David

Back