Leave it Silver or Paint it Black

Super XR7

Wanting more opinions, so I thought this would be the place to go. I am installing new gages and my wife and I are split on what to do with the plate that the gages are nested into. Options are clean it up and leave it silver or paint it black. What do you guys think??

Attachments

• IMG_0790.jpg
    IMG_0790.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 353
trife86 said:
paint it black, the reflection of any sun hitting that would be horrible

Agreed. Paint it black and match it best you can with the rest of the interior. Looks awesume btw.

Shane

If you paint it black, the guages might not stand out as much. How the silver part look painted to match the blue? Just a thought, but the black would look better than the silver to cut down on the glare. From looking at the pic, there's going to be quite a bit.

Post up some pics when its all done. I would love to see some close ups of the gauges themselves.

Shane

Satin Black

Black, but NOT flat black. Flat will show ever finger pring you put on it. SATIN BLACK won't show finger prints as much, & it has a smoother finish than flat.

Just my 2 cents

68COUGAR

Nicely done....Paint it black

Were you able to use alot of the stock wiring? And are you going to do anything with the stock "idiot" lights?

SCrazy said:
Nicely done....Paint it black

Were you able to use alot of the stock wiring? And are you going to do anything with the stock "idiot" lights?
I am running the Electromotive engine management system so not much stock left besides, left/right turn signal, high beam, brake and firm ride indicators.

quick35th said:
Post up some pics when its all done. I would love to see some close ups of the gauges themselves.

Shane

Here is a picture after completing the installation and painting the back ground black. Looks much better.

Attachments

• IMG_0791 small.jpg
    IMG_0791 small.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 35
Back