What is your opinion on this combo?

nczimmerman2

Reassembled my 1994 SC engine with the following, what do you all think?

bored .030, Hyperutectic pistons, total seal ts rings, Comp Cams 210/220 .493 cam, ported exhaust, gasket matched intake, felpro gaskets, ended up with Chevy LT1 pushrods to go with the new cam.

Do you think I will be in the 300 hp range with a ported 94 blower, stock manifolds and freeflowing exhaust?

thanks

It could be tough.

What is the LSA on that cam? I've seen some from comp that are a 112 lsa which seems a bit tight for our supercharged motor.

I would do some work on the heads, at least basic port work, unshrouding the valves, maybe going with slightly larger intake valves. I'm not sure what you mean by ported exhaust, but in general you don't want to increase the size of the exhaust ports. They really are already a little too large for their shape. You can search on port and exhaust and find tips that have been posted over the last year on how to deal with the exhaust ports.

You'll need to overdrive the supercharger, and then look at a good quality double intercooler or a front mount.

nczimmerman2 said:
Reassembled my 1994 SC engine with the following, what do you all think?

bored .030, Hyperutectic pistons, total seal ts rings, Comp Cams 210/220 .493 cam, ported exhaust, gasket matched intake, felpro gaskets, ended up with Chevy LT1 pushrods to go with the new cam.

Do you think I will be in the 300 hp range with a ported 94 blower, stock manifolds and freeflowing exhaust?

thanks

As Mike said, 300 will be tough for what you are asking. IMO you will need head work, ported intake plenum or an MP piece, an overdrive pulley - remember that the stock 89-93 are about 3% for us 94/95 SC's, so the 5% will be about 8% maybe a DIC and a good tune. Just check out the highest HP list and see what some are using to get to that 300 mark, but remember not every dyno reads the same, a dynojet and a mustang dyno will read different even for the same car on the same day.

That cam is the same as Mike Puckett has I think, and he is running 12.7 to 13.1 depending on the heat/season of the year. Now he has gutted his car to about 3300-3500 lbs, but it makes good power, he has an old S-port, larger TB, MAF, MP intake plenum, DIC ported heads, exhaust along with some other items and his spins the rollers to about 320 hp

Back