Just joined the 460ci club today

ahh, for $150, can't beat it. .. Enjoy man! ... Oh yeah, how many gallons per mile & at what per gallon now??~~!! :p

Anthony

Yeah the 460 wont be very friendly at the gas pumps but it will sure be fun when you mash the accelerator.

Shane

It might be fun finding an adapter for the M5R2. All of em that I've see are "modular bellhousings" and the M5R2 doesn't have a seperate bellhousing. :(

That sounds like a fun project though, I'm thinking if I ever decide to retire my N/A bird as a daily driver, it needs a big v8 (I'm partial to 351W strokers) ;) Wouldn't sell for much anyway.

Randy N Connie said:
I have some AOD cases laying around,Free.
just stop by and pick them up. :)

RANDY

With all the bad luck you have with AODs Randy I dont think one will live for two seconds behind a 460.

Shane

When you get it post the serial numbers off the block and heads and I can tell you what year it is. Mine is a 77 E7VE or E7TE, can't remember right now.

Some years I hear are internally balanced. Mine has big 97cc heads, and that is going to be my downfall until I can afford some Performer RPM aluminum heads with 72 cc chambers.

Scott Long said:
When you get it post the serial numbers off the block and heads and I can tell you what year it is. Mine is a 77 E7VE or E7TE, can't remember right now.

Some years I hear are internally balanced. Mine has big 97cc heads, and that is going to be my downfall until I can afford some Performer RPM aluminum heads with 72 cc chambers.

Alright Scott I'll make sure I do that. I wont have it till next weekend since I am traveling to PA this weekend.

Shane

Shane, did you give up on the 460 Continental? That car would have been perfect for "Pimp My Ride". :eek: :D

Let the big block club fun begin. :cool:

NCredSC said:
Shane, did you give up on the 460 Continental? That car would have been perfect for "Pimp My Ride". :eek: :D

Let the big block club fun begin. :cool:

The price shot up way past the $400 mark and out of my price range. Yeah it would have been cool but then I would have had to do something with that haulk of a shell left behind. I think for $155 for the nearly complete motor plus the gas it will cost me to get it home I would have to say that I got a great buy.

David Neibert said:
Shane,

What mods are you planning to make and how much power are you expecting ?

David

David, I am going to listen to what Dalke had to say the other night on the phone and just change out the cam, put aluminum heads on it with roller rockers, aftermarket intake manifold, 800 cfm carb and the other misc stuff needed. I just want to get it in the car and running with these mods then sort the rest of the car out and maybe do some work to my 35th since its getting sidelined to this car. I am hoping for 500rwhp and 600rwtq with that combo. Who knows I may have to take advantage of the nitrous kit that comes with Garys car, and maybe it will be turbo car vs big block car what do ya say Neibert?

Shane

I say goodbye to that bottom end if your leaving it stock@!

Balance the rotating assybly with good bolts and good rings

Who knows I may have to take advantage of the nitrous kit that comes with Garys car, and maybe it will be turbo car vs big block car what do ya say Neibert?

Shane,

You might want to start with my 91 and work your way up to the fast car.

David

beter be stopping at my house..

quick35th said:
So guys today I bought a 460 off ebay so that I can put it in Gary's old SC. Now all I have to do is mildly build it based off what Dave Dalke and I talked about over the phone the other day and get a tranny adapter so I can run the M5R2. Here is the link to the engine I just bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=7996926857&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

Shane
You keep saying you are going to stop by, well now you have to get this engine so you better stop.....That way you can go for a ride in a really fast [or slow to some people] S.C. Then you will have something to plan for......Rich

pro street rich said:
You keep saying you are going to stop by, well now you have to get this engine so you better stop.....That way you can go for a ride in a really fast [or slow to some people] S.C. Then you will have something to plan for......Rich

Yeah Rich I had actually planned on contacting you about that since I would be driving past you anyways. Pm me your address sometime so I cant work things out. I plan on coming out there this coming weekend.

Shane

you have mail

quick35th said:
Yeah Rich I had actually planned on contacting you about that since I would be driving past you anyways. Pm me your address sometime so I cant work things out. I plan on coming out there this coming weekend.

Shane
Check your box for some info...........Rich

blowmyv6 said:
How are you planning on doing the motor mounts?

Steve, Rich builds and sells the mounts. If he has a set availible this weekend I just may steal them when he has his back turned :p :D

Shane

am I missing something? You said you are going from OH to PA to pick up Gary's car and you are stopping by Rich's house in WI the same weekend? Thats not exactly on the way....

Back