Aluminum work?

5speedxr7

I was messing around with my spare set of rims today. I was going to paint them, but hen i realised that they polish up really nice, the only problem is that the center caps are plastic. does any one know who can make me some aluminum ones so that i can polish them to match the rims.
thanks guys
Josh

Hopefully Ryan will read this.

yeah i was supprised. I've only done one so far but i used 120 to get the paint off and the small pits in the aluminum, then 280 400 800 then 1500 wet and then polished with a buffer. I'm gonna go back and do a bit more witht he 280 and up again there are a couple of imperfections that i missed but i thing if i can get cener caps too match it will be awsome.
josh

Are you sure you can't get metal ones from another application? What size rim are you using a 15" or 16" stock Cougar rim? I think some of the early sc's had blank metal ones.. maybe in 92?

Email me a few pics of the caps, and I'll let you know once having a look at them if I can do anything for you or not. Off the top of my head, its hard to say, pics help more than you know. ;)

I'll have to try and remember to get pics.
the rims are the 7 spoke ones that cam on the 89-90 cougar XR7 SC's

here are the pics
they are plastic with a metal ring on the botom that locks them onto the rim.
i figure if you can make the plastic part then i can use panel bond from work to attach them to the metal ring. thanks if you can do the cougar head too that would be but if not thats okay
thanks
Josh

Last edited:
It would cost you big bucks to make 4 caps. With the machines at my shop we need to have higher #'s of parts to make the cost lower.

Back