No power Over 3.5 grand

Callmewhitexr7

Ok heres my problem when the car gets under boost it has no power. but If i let off the gas and keep the gauge at or under 0 then the car will accelerate. But sometimes It will accel with it in boost. Also at about 3.5 thousand rpms the car looses all power. won't go any further than 3.5 thousand rpms... Could this be my fuel pump or regulator or would this be the Dis module or cam sensor crank sensor? Please help.

NICK

Maybe it's a stuffed cat converter. i had an '89 chevy beretta that did this a long time ago- didn't have any power above 3k rpms because of a stuffed cat. could also be the fuel pressure regulator. get a gage and hook it up to the nipple off the fuel rail on the driver's side, with an extended hose so you can see what the pressure is doing while varying your driving speeds- idle should be 38-40 psi, and increase 1 psi per pound of boost.

Is the power still smooth but diminished, or is it bucking?

Last edited:
Might want to check the harmonic damper for being broken. Look at the crankshaft pulley with the engine running. If you see any wobble the damper is broken and the source of your problem.

Can't be a cat cause I don't have any. I'm going to check the fuel pressure and if it was the balancer why would I still have power up till 3500? Also I have power as long as i'm not in boost, and sometimes its runs fine.

NICK

Callmewhitexr7 said:
Can't be a cat cause I don't have any. I'm going to check the fuel pressure and if it was the balancer why would I still have power up till 3500? Also I have power as long as i'm not in boost, and sometimes its runs fine.

NICK
If the balancer is broken it may have shifted retarding or advancing the base ignition timing. This may not be evident or as noticable until you get higher in the RPM band when more advance is needed and you may now have too much or too little. Besides it is a quick and easy check that can be done and should be done by every SC owner periodically that still has an OEM damper installed. Especially if the car starts running crappy for no immediately identifiable reason.

Ok i found my problem the spanner nut on the top came loose and you could see in between them.. I took the pipe off and cleaned it up put some silicone on it and tightened it back down. Thanks for the help tho everyone.

NICK

Back