Fuel Cell Install Finally Complete

SCrazy

SCCoA Member
After 9 months I've finally got my fuel cell installed, wired, plumbed and tested. It's a 16 gallon cell mounted below an aluminum box which extends about 4" up into the trunk. The bottom of the fuel cell is even with the bottom of the steel bumper. I've also installed an external fuel pump and modifed the stock fuel filler similar to Gary Kuhn's installation.

This was a massive project and a bit more ambitious than I realized when I cut the floor out of the trunk last December.

Last edited:
Very nice job Brian.

I helped Chris Wise install a fuel cell and the same fuel pump your using. It was a major pain in the a$$ and we didn't even attempt to use the stock fill location. Yours turned out much cleaner looking.

David

PS: What's in the blue box on the left ?

Thanks guys.

The blue box is just a battery. I have the cutoff switch, some fuses and a relay for the fuel pump mounted underneath between the frame rail and fender.

What do you have in the works that needs all that fuel? That A1000 pump will push plenty of fuel, about 1000hp worth.

Brandon said:
Nice....but I could've sworn your car was red?
I have a red one also but I've moved all the go fast goodies to the blue one now.

BlckOnBlckBrd said:
What do you have in the works that needs all that fuel? That A1000 pump will push plenty of fuel, about 1000hp worth.
I've been running about 340 rwhp but I've got a big box full of stuff from Dave that's being installed this week so I figured I'd need plenty of fuel for the 60lb injectors.

T@Sound-Xtreme said:
Looks great Brian,

Im afriad that battery will have to be moved soon though
Yeah it might be a little tight for big ol' subs in the blue car. We'll have to see how things lay out. Worst cast I'm gonna have some great looking sub boxes in my red car.

Nice Job. I did my fuel cell about a year ago, and know how much work is involved. Not the best mod for a daily driver, but great for a weekend play car. :)

Nice work SCrazy, it looks very good. I have always wanted to do a fuel cell in the 35th but I think for now I will pass.

Shane

Back