SC Shootout, who will be there?????

XR7 Dave

We have some BIG DOGS coming from far and wide to attend what will likely be the biggest and perhaps the last such mass gathering of SC's in the world.

Yes people, in case you didn't already know the SC Shootout is your chance to participate in an historic event. For the first time ever and perhaps only time ever people from around the country will battle it out in what promises to be the race of all races for SC's.

From the 4 corners of the country we have people with 11 second street Supercoupes waiting to suprise the heck out of you. Last hear Coy Miller stole the show (and rightly so) with his 10 second pass, but for the first time ever the members of this club will be battling for top spot in the hotly contested Pro Street catagory.

If you ever thought we had close racing at the SC Shootout #2, you "ain't seen nothin yet".

Don't forget, there are classes for everyone so it's not just about the big dogs. Street Stock is another great opportunity for a mildly bolted on SC to get some real recognition (and prizes too!).

I know this year is bad for a lot of people but the clock can't be turned back (or forward). Lets make this an event to remember that means ya gotta be there!

Check out our registration page in the events forum and don't delay. Hotel reservations are released on the 15th of this month. Don't wait any longer!

SC Shootout info and registration

:D

I'll be there....looking to devastate the competition in the Public Enemy class. Again, Chuck D is Public Enemy #1, but Micahdogg brings a HARD PE#2 to the show.

Seeing how much the Shootout improved last year, I have no doubt that this will be by FAR the biggest event for an SCer to miss out on. YOu will be hearing the stories for a LONG time to come and history will be made again. Watching a little mpeg just doesn't hold a candle to sitting by the burnout box and watching Coy yank those wheels off the ground!

Micah

My car is still in about 600 pieces. But even if it means having the hood up working on the car while driving drown the road in my open trailer on the way to the shootout, I'll be there.

Micahdogg said:
I'll be there....looking to devastate the competition in the Public Enemy class. Again, Chuck D is Public Enemy #1, but Micahdogg brings a HARD PE#2 to the show.

Seeing how much the Shootout improved last year, I have no doubt that this will be by FAR the biggest event for an SCer to miss out on. YOu will be hearing the stories for a LONG time to come and history will be made again. Watching a little mpeg just doesn't hold a candle to sitting by the burnout box and watching Coy yank those wheels off the ground!

Micah
Dave,
I hope to have my car ready. Waiting on a new blower and possibility of 3.73 gears (yes, Kurt 13's).

Oh Micah I am gunning to beat your ET this year!!!!! AOD all the way. :D
Later
Ken

I'm there, looking to improve my runner-up spot in the Street Stock class from last year. Also, the more people there making fun of Ken, the better. :D

My trip will be about 20 hours, and I'm sure that won't be the longest distance driven to the event either. Come on out!!!!

cheers
Ed N.

fast Ed said:
I'm there, looking to improve my runner-up spot in the Street Stock class from last year. Also, the more people there making fun of Ken, the better. :D

My trip will be about 20 hours, and I'm sure that won't be the longest distance driven to the event either. Come on out!!!!

cheers
Ed N.
Ed,
To all the people in the world you lose to, would be Pat in his blue sc. You should be ashamed to have a black sc.

20 hours trip?????? you whimp!!!!! I have about 22 hours and 1389 miles. I convert that for you 22 hours and 2222.4 km :D

Ken

As of now, I plan on being there. I've got a little thing in LA that might take me out of the shootout. But if I'm around, I'll be there for sure.

(I've said, "Come hell or high water, I'll be there." Well, the high water hit, and I've got to go...just don't know for how long.

My wife Kathy and I will be there, and at this point I'm still planning to bring the turbo car. Plan B, I'll bring the 91 and see what this new cam, alky injection and the MPIII can do with a little nitrous.

Either way I will have something that's competitive this year.

David

Ken Seegers said:
Ed,
To all the people in the world you lose to, would be Pat in his blue sc. You should be ashamed to have a black sc.

Ken

Pat won the dyno portion of the shootout last year for Street Stock, but he sure wasn't running in the heads-up racing in that class. Brandon won.

cheers
Ed N.

I am going to be there, i have one of my freinds that wants to go and his g/f will be with us (only a 3 hour drive for me :p ). Wont have the cougar ready by then, the block will be going to the machine shop tom. Hope to have the motor ready by the end of the month, tranny is a different story. When he seen my cougar and the blower sitting on the top, he was instantly interested in the SC! Whether or not he gets to come, i will be there almost definatly, i have already taken the day off of work! Hope to see yall there!

Derek

To the top.

Guys if you miss this meet/event you will be kicking yourselves. Aside from seeing all the cars, you get to meet lots of really nice people.

David

Beating my best e.t. is something Ken and I have in common. Only problem is I WILL be the only one gettin er done!!!!

And for the rest....please, no b.s.

Micah

David Neibert said:
you get to meet lots of really nice people.

And you can meet David too :p

I'll definitely be there w/ or w/o the car. Heck I might throw some insurance on the 95 or 'ol smokey to make the trip if my tranny is, in fact, going out.

Is there going to be any magazine coverage of this? If I recall correctly there was a post about a guy who does a quarterly rag about certain cars. Dont know if he would do an event but if you guys can remember who it was, dorp him a line and see what surfaces. I would be in for a copy 'cause I cant make it...AGAIN...

Chris

seawalkersee said:
Is there going to be any magazine coverage of this? If I recall correctly there was a post about a guy who does a quarterly rag about certain cars. Dont know if he would do an event but if you guys can remember who it was, dorp him a line and see what surfaces. I would be in for a copy 'cause I cant make it...AGAIN...

Chris

You just as well give a call to SPEED NETWORK while your at it.
:rolleyes:

I am still waiting on some parts from t-bird 88.And still need
a tune.So It looks like I will not be able to race again this year.
I think a couple venors are holding out on the parts I payed for.
Because they are afraid to race me. :) (no BS please)

RANDY

Last edited:
Randy N Connie said:
I am still waiting on some parts from t-bird 88.And still need
a tune.So It looks like I will not be able to race again this year.
I think a couple venors are holding out on the parts I payed for.
Because they are afraid to race me. :) (no BS please)

I tried out my smaller torque convertor.I keep blowing off the tires.
Just can't find enough bite with Nitto DRs. So I am going to switch
back to the 9.5 convertor. (no BS please) :)

RANDY

:) :) :) :) :)

So are you and Connie going Randy?

It looks like I am having transmission trouble right now so I don't know exactly what is going to happen. I did have a freaking great time last year.

T-bird4vr said:
:) :) :) :) :)

So are you and Connie going Randy?

It looks like I am having transmission trouble right now so I don't know exactly what is going to happen. I did have a freaking great time last year.

My trans works great.Every thing works great.
But with out a tune,I feel it would be to far of
a drive .So NO we will not be there.

I hate to miss the OK SHOOTOUT. In the beginning I beleive it
was planned to have three shootouts.One in the east,midwest,
& west.So this could be the last chance to be able to make
a SC XR7 SHOOTOUT.

Randy

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

I'd really like to make it out this year, but it's looking doubtful right now. I have the car torn down and I suspect a cracked piston. Once I get the heads off, I'll know for sure. If it's something simple/cheap I'll be there to try and back-up my win from last year. If I don't get the car back together, I'll still try to make it down in my Cobra (as long as I can race/dyno it).

Back