EGR Valve Delete

90XR7Cougar5spd

I know ive asked this before but i cant remember/find what i was told. I am deleting the EGR valve, ive already got the hole in the exaust manifold and i made a block off plate for the EGR valve it self. Will deleting the EGR valve mess anything up, or just make the check engine light come on.

Thanks
Derek

It will just give you a check engine light, which you can have turned off if you get a chip.

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
I know ive asked this before but i cant remember/find what i was told. I am deleting the EGR valve, ive already got the hole in the exaust manifold and i made a block off plate for the EGR valve it self. Will deleting the EGR valve mess anything up, or just make the check engine light come on.

Thanks
Derek

EGR delete w/o CEL

90XR7Cougar5spd said:
Will deleting the EGR valve mess anything up, or just make the check engine light come on.

Derek
I deleted the EGR on my '89 & never got a CEL, not even once.

Have you noticed that the guys with the MP Inlet plenums have NEVER said anything about the inlet plenum causing a CEL? The MP Inlet plenum does not have EGR provisions.

If anybody has deleted the EGR and gotten a CEL, I'd like to hear a technical reason why.

68COUGAR

68COUGAR said:
Have you noticed that the guys with the MP Inlet plenums have NEVER said anything about the inlet plenum causing a CEL? The MP Inlet plenum does not have EGR provisions.

68COUGAR

MP inlet plenums do have EGR provisions. If you have EGR and you buy a MP inlet plenum, you must buy EGR adaptor otherwise there is a block off plate.

Ken

If anybody has deleted the EGR and gotten a CEL, I'd like to hear a technical reason why.
Technical reason: Because it throws 2 error codes in the EEC. I dont know about 89-93 cars, as mine didn't have EGR, but my 94 throws 2 codes, which trigger the CEL. I simply disabled that through the chip, so I no longer have a CEL, but the codes are still there.

Back